2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Some other transfers apparently on the ISU radar:

Sydney Harris, TCU. 6'1" wing. Two seasons remaining. MAC FOY for Central Michigan in 22-23, then transferred to TCU. Was somewhat limited for TCU in 23-24 due to an ankle injury, but averaged 9.4 ppg in 16 games and shot 40% behind the arc.

Elle Evans, NDSU. 6'3" guard. Two seasons remaining. Summit FOY in 22-23 as well as all-defense team and hm all-conference. Summit first team all-conf in 23-24 as well as all-defense team again. 15.5 ppg in 23-24, shooting 46% on threes and 92% on FT. 75 career blocks and 72 career steals in two seasons.

Lucy Olsen, Villanova. 5'9" combo guard. One season remaining. 23.3 ppg in 23-24, although not super efficient (44% fg overall, 29% 3pt). 150 career steals in 3 seasons including 65 in 23-24. Big East all-rookie team in 21-22, 2nd team all-conf in 22-23, and 1st team in 23-24 (as well as most improved player).
I say…sign em all!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I am tired of taking abuse for this. I didn't say she cost us the game. Having had games like that myself I was implying when you are having a bad day you go to a different offense or player. Audi is a great player and it seems like even a better person. When you are having trouble getting a shot off because the defense is "bullying" you and the refs aren't calling it you have to make adjustments. And going to someone 21 times is not adjusting. Now I will read the attacks for stating facts.
What you are missing is that going to her also forced Stanford to continue to defend her with 1-2 players. Fouls mounted up. Ryan was able to go off. We stop going to her and Stanford players don’t foul out that are offensive threats. Adjustments were made and that’s why we were in the game.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I view Addy as a stretch 4. She reminds me a lot of Niang where she sometimes brings the ball up the court and can create off the dribble. She can pop the 3 while also posting up or drive to the basket. I look at this roster and I see 1 Ryan, 5 Audi and stretch 4 Addy with opening at SG and a 3rd spot that can be a 3rd guard or wing player. Joens Williams and Jackson will compete for a starting spot but there are plenty of minutes to compete for any transfer that can shoot the 3. There are 2 spots in the starting lineup up for grabs and some good bench minutes so hopefully we can land 2 shooters and a depth post player. Audi is going to demand a lot of attention on defense next season so having some shooters that can knock down 3s will be crucial to this team to compete.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
What you are missing is that going to her also forced Stanford to continue to defend her with 1-2 players. Fouls mounted up. Ryan was able to go off. We stop going to her and Stanford players don’t foul out that are offensive threats. Adjustments were made and that’s why we were in the game.
No missed, just would have suggested less frequency. When you are struggling you need to get "natural" shots and get your brain out of the way.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Not sure that Twitter poster "knows" anything. I keep seeing them quoted in other forums though. I could see Iowa for her, they need a one year guard to either assist or score. ISU maybe not so much.

And for Stanford, have they even had one coming in before?

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
One portal player I know is on the radar of the ISU coaches (but not yet at the point of adding to my 2024 recruiting list) is Kenzie Hare of Marquette. She has two years left and could fill the Belanger role -- she was 91-214 (42.5%) behind the arc and averaged 14 ppg overall.
She is now on my 2024 recruiting table, the first one of the transfer season.

EDIT: Lucy Olsen is now on the list as well.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No missed, just would have suggested less frequency. When you are struggling you need to get "natural" shots and get your brain out of the way.

Once Audi fouled out in OT we didn’t have to worry about the wasted possessions to Audi right? So WHY did we lose once Audi left the game? The Score was 69-68 Cyclones when Audi committed her 5th foul with 3:41 left in OT. The bucket was good making 70-69 Stanford plus one foul shot. We lost 87-81. Should have won since ineffective Audi was taken out.

Reactions: acoustimac

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Not sure that Twitter poster "knows" anything. I keep seeing them quoted in other forums though. I could see Iowa for her, they need a one year guard to either assist or score. ISU maybe not so much.

And for Stanford, have they even had one coming in before?
Stanford can only take grad transfers, so she is not going there unless she is a grad transfer.

Iowa fans think she is coming there, but they also want anyone over 6'3. Funny, they don't realize that they only have one roster spot available.

It will be interesting to see if there is any movement from Iowa City after their gathering tonight. They have some players who have ridden the bench for a few years - do they stay and continue to ride the bench, or do they transfer somewhere and hope to play? Bluder likes to push the "family" mantra when recruiting, but does she gently push a few people out to open up additional roster spots?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Once Audi fouled out in OT we didn’t have to worry about the wasted possessions to Audi right? So WHY did we lose once Audi left the game? The Score was 69-68 Cyclones when Audi committed her 5th foul with 3:41 left in OT. The bucket was good making 70-69 Stanford plus one foul shot. We lost 87-81. Should have won since ineffective Audi was taken out.
I swear that woman has too many mothers on this board.

Reactions: Westside clone

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Whether Crooks was getting fouled or not, Stanford's length was causing her alot of problems. What she'll learn over time is when the double comes she has to pass back towards it as that's where the open teammate is. Two things that surprise me about the women's game is the overall lack of defense and overall lack of situational awareness.

Reactions: Westside clone

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
Whether Crooks was getting fouled or not, Stanford's length was causing her alot of problems. What she'll learn over time is when the double comes she has to pass back towards it as that's where the open teammate is. Two things that surprise me about the women's game is the overall lack of defense and overall lack of situational awareness.
I believe our biggest improvement next year will our defense. Could make a really good team great. Teamwork, quickness, and another year together can make a world of difference.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I believe our biggest improvement next year will our defense. Could make a really good team great. Teamwork, quickness, and another year together can make a world of difference.
A big help to that would just stop turning over so much. They turned it over a lot for a team as successful as them.

Reactions: WartburgClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Quickness? Maybe only Jackson might be described as having any quickness.

I guess we can react quicker but nobody is going to get "quick" if they aren't.