2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The last few pages makes my head hurt reading. Enough with the over analysis of Audi and her conditioning/size/weight etc. Her play on the court speaks for itself. She far exceeded anyone's expectations including mi e as I thought she'd be nothing more than a 5-10 mpg project as she adjusted from playing 1A HS ball to playing against some of the best teams in D1.

I'm sure her and the staff have been working on whatever conditioning goals they have but she is just built big to begin with so to think she all the sudden will become a tone and much slender version is probably unrealistic. She has great footwork and gets up and down the floor very well and any incremental development she makes physically is just going to make her tougher to defend against.

Just enjoy this era of ISU WBB folks, next season could be a fun ride. Audi is already turning into a star before our eyes and couldn't be more proud to have her representing ISU the way she does. Not only a great player on the court be a great personality off the court as well. Can't wait to see what she does next season as she's already proved she is a motivated and works hard. Maybe the next thing she adds is an improved 3 point shot to make the defense have to come out and defend her on the perimeter more?

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Kudos to @mred for at least posting something relevant to the thread on "additions" to the roster. And a very good find on the recruiting at that!

Interesting that the "list" for Maryam Dauda, if accurate, also includes KSU that has a standout post already. Maybe she would be interested in playing the 4 along side a strong post. That would certainly give us something we have never had before.
I’ll add OK seems to be in the lead for Oregon State’s Beers as well

Reactions: StClone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
She had great numbers. Improving post positioning will take her to another level. Something she didn't prioritize much until she went up against Stanford. To clarify this she was standing on the block far too often with her feet together and a hand in the air. I'm sure that worked fine in HS but not so much in major CBB.

According to your crew constructive criticism is basically the equivalent of calling her fat and lazy. Probably racist too.
I have no clue what you're talking about. She regularly pinned girls under the basket. Did you watch the Maryland game?

Also, lol at "that worked fine in HS but no so much in major CBB" after she just put up 19 ppg as a freshman, was named 1st team All Big 12, and will be a preseason AA next year. She had a 40 point game in the freakin NCAA tournament.

It's not constructive criticism if it's just flat out not accurate.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Audi looks like she is much more physically fit. And as the season progressed and she got more physically fit she began to dominate inside. Audi has a basketball future that she is destined to achieve. She is a unique talent and her achievements are a result of her hard work. Audi is dedicated and coachable. Fennelly is enjoying this group and knows they are special.

In my mind Audi is like Georges as nuch as we appreciate them on the court we even like them better as a person

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Possible athletic 4/5 to pair with Crooks?

I would be very surprised if someone of that caliber joined the Cyclones. She's looking for a winning program where she can start. ISU only fits one of those criteria, unless they can convince her that she would have an opportunity to start at PF.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
She had great numbers. Improving post positioning will take her to another level. Something she didn't prioritize much until she went up against Stanford. To clarify this she was standing on the block far too often with her feet together and a hand in the air. I'm sure that worked fine in HS but not so much in major CBB.

According to your crew constructive criticism is basically the equivalent of calling her fat and lazy. Probably racist too.
Improving post positioning? What does that even mean? She was damned fine at positioning in the post as a true freshman. It would be nice to discuss things with you if you knew what you were talking about, but it's pretty obvious you don't. The numbers and results tell me that.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Kudos to @mred for at least posting something relevant to the thread on "additions" to the roster. And a very good find on the recruiting at that!

Interesting that the "list" for Maryam Dauda, if accurate, also includes KSU that has a standout post already. Maybe she would be interested in playing the 4 along side a strong post. That would certainly give us something we have never had before.
Def an interesting list. Could see her as a power forward alongside Audi And someone who could defend the middle in lieu of or with Audi. Definitely a very intriguing possibility.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would be very surprised if someone of that caliber joined the Cyclones. She's looking for a winning program where she can start. ISU only fits one of those criteria, unless they can convince her that she would have an opportunity to start at PF.
If she could go 4/5 for us it's possible. There's a reason we contacted her.

Just saying 5 players splitting 3 positions (120 minutes) is possible. Sometimes there's sacrifice on a talented team.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have no clue what you're talking about. She regularly pinned girls under the basket. Did you watch the Maryland game?

Also, lol at "that worked fine in HS but no so much in major CBB" after she just put up 19 ppg as a freshman, was named 1st team All Big 12, and will be a preseason AA next year. She had a 40 point game in the freakin NCAA tournament.

It's not constructive criticism if it's just flat out not accurate.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Heck of a "slap fight" last week.

Is the transfer portal churning slowly this year in comparison to last? My recollection is that both Natabou and Belanger were committed to ISU by 4/20/23, addressing our primary needs for the following season relatively early. We need a couple more players and there are desirable PF's and Posts to be had - CBF should be able to sell "you're the missing piece to our pre-season Top Ten squad" - let's go!!!

What's with the Oregon State Eight? None of them have committed yet. I'd love to see them return to the Beavers and make history in the West Coast Conference. Maggie Vick, meet Reagan Beers...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Heck of a "slap fight" last week.

Is the transfer portal churning slowly this year in comparison to last? My recollection is that both Natabou and Belanger were committed to ISU by 4/20/23, addressing our primary needs for the following season relatively early. We need a couple more players and there are desirable PF's and Posts to be had - CBF should be able to sell "you're the missing piece to our pre-season Top Ten squad" - let's go!!!

What's with the Oregon State Eight? None of them have committed yet. I'd love to see them return to the Beavers and make history in the West Coast Conference. Maggie Vick, meet Reagan Beers...
I think Hare, Harris and Williams not only do a good job of replacing Belanger Bristow and Diew. They are in fact an upgrade at each spot. (Although Bristow had a ton of potential)

We'll definitely add a center. I'm sure filling a spot behind an AC performer can be a tough sell. Hopefully we can add a 4 that can play the 5. If we can do that We'll be sitting 11 without a single player that you can point to and say they have no chance of being in the rotation.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I think Hare, Harris and Williams not only do a good job of replacing Belanger Bristow and Diew. They are in fact an upgrade at each spot. (Although Bristow had a ton of potential)

We'll definitely add a center. I'm sure filling a spot behind an AC performer can be a tough sell. Hopefully we can add a 4 that can play the 5. If we can do that We'll be sitting 11 without a single player that you can point to and say they have no chance of being in the rotation.
I would argue it is harder to replace Belanger than Bristow. I would be happy with someone as good as Belanger. Upgrade would definitely huge.

Belanger was so valuable in everything she did for us, not just scoring points.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would argue it is harder to replace Belanger than Bristow. I would be happy with someone as good as Belanger. Upgrade would definitely huge.

Really doesn't matter as she was out of eligibility. However, Hare has shown better productivity will excellent efficiency in a power conference. I was one of Belanger's biggest proponents with many on this board questioned her size and DII background.

Reactions: Westside clone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I get that Hare and Harris have some actual credentials to base that on but Williams is a 100% unknown. She's was an unheralded recruit out of Texas HS that hasn't played any meaningful minutes in college. We know nothing about her other than she's left handed, 6'-2" and not skinny.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I think Hare is an almost perfect replacement for Hannah. She shot a similar percentage from 3 - at almost the same 3-pt shot rate (Hare took 66% of her shots from 3, Hannah took 70%), but Hare got to the line more, had a slightly higher rebound and assist rates, and a much higher steal rate. Obviously we won't be able to tell on the intangibles until she's on the court - but I think it's very reasonable that she's an upgrade.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I get that Hare and Harris have some actual credentials to base that on but Williams is a 100% unknown. She's was an unheralded recruit out of Texas HS that hasn't played any meaningful minutes in college. We know nothing about her other than she's left handed, 6'-2" and not skinny.
We know a lot about Diew. I'm confident saying Williams is an upgrade. But only time will tell.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think Hare is an almost perfect replacement for Hannah. She shot a similar percentage from 3 - at almost the same 3-pt shot rate (Hare took 66% of her shots from 3, Hannah took 70%), but Hare got to the line more, had a slightly higher rebound and assist rates, and a much higher steal rate. Obviously we won't be able to tell on the intangibles until she's on the court - but I think it's very reasonable that she's an upgrade.
Tanke is a high level 3 point shooter.

Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
However, Hare has shown better productivity will excellent efficiency in a power conference.

I think Hare is an almost perfect replacement for Hannah.
I agree with both of you as well. I believe I said a few weeks ago that we needed to find another Belanger. I was expecting we would take a shot at a low-to-mid major sharpshooter (or even DII like Hannah) but getting Hare is well above that.