***2024 Masters Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Still hard to believe that a golfer with a score of +14 is chosen to be included in one of the “featured groups”?!?

Don't hate on Tiger. As much as you don't like him... millions of viewers still do. You'll just have to deal with it.

Guess what.... if Jack were still able to play... he'd also be in a featured group even if he were +30... and he deserves to be.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Don't hate on Tiger. As much as you don't like him... millions of viewers still do. You'll just have to deal with it.

Guess what.... if Jack were still able to play... he'd also be in a featured group even if he were +30... and he deserves to be.
Not hating. Just thinking that after his worst Master’s round ever yesterday, they might have found at least one other pairing that might have been more interesting today?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not hating. Just thinking that after his worst Master’s round ever yesterday, they might have found at least one other pairing that might have been more interesting today?

Because more people would like to watch the Jake Knapp/Grayson Murray pairing this morning??

There are not many intriguing pairings on the course right now. Just not sure what you're trying to get at... other than you have a hatred of Tiger I guess?

Reactions: mywayorcyway

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Because more people would like to watch the Jake Knapp/Grayson Murray pairing this morning??

There are not many intriguing pairings on the course right now. Just not sure what you're trying to get at... other than you have a hatred of Tiger I guess?
Uh, just said, not hating. Just thinking to maybe feature a couple of golfers who are scoring better, not scoring their worst round ever? Maybe Day, Mickelsen, Koepka, Finau, Matsuyama, Rahm, Fowler?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Uh, just said, not hating. Just thinking to maybe feature a couple of golfers who are scoring better, not scoring their worst round ever? Maybe Day, Mickelsen, Koepka, Finau, Matsuyama, Rahm, Fowler?

Day teed off about 90 minutes after Tiger.
Mickelson just started his round.
Koepka just started his round.
Matsuyama hasn't teed off yet.
Fowler hasn't teed off yet.
Finau and Rahm are starting now and are a featured group.

It was either Tiger or the group before or after him that was getting the feature coverage this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Mar 21, 2021
The thing I'd most like to do at Augusta would be to eat and drink and hang late into the night w/ the pros, Daly and the rest, and hangers-on in the clubhouse. Enjoying watching Tiger and the Am this morn.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
There isn't a single guy in the top four that is easy to root against. I'd be fine with any of them winning it. I would also like to see Bryce and win it but I realize that puts me in the minority

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

It’s pretty clear that Tiger just wears down physically as the rounds go on. If they had carts, I think he might still be able to hang near the top of the leaderboard. Obviously he wouldn’t go that route, so I doubt he wins another one.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There isn't a single guy in the top four that is easy to root against. I'd be fine with any of them winning it. I would also like to see Bryce and win it but I realize that puts me in the minority

Rooting for Homa the most, but would be thrilled with Morikawa too.

Scheffler would be fine, mostly because he’s not in LIV, but he’s not one of my favs.

Bryson can shoot 80 for all I care. Can’t stand that guy.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Rooting for Homa the most, but would be thrilled with Morikawa too.

Scheffler would be fine, mostly because he’s not in LIV, but he’s not one of my favs.

Bryson can shoot 80 for all I care. Can’t stand that guy.
I’m fine with any of the top 4. I am not fine with anyone from LIV. They want their own thing, go make your own “majors” that no one will watch. At least they could wear shorts and jam to Kid Rock on the tee.

Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’m fine with any of the top 4. I am not fine with anyone from LIV. They want their own thing, go make your own “majors” that no one will watch. At least they could wear shorts and jam to Kid Rock on the tee.

I still don’t know why the PGA allowed any LIV guys to play in any PGA events or majors. Screw them.

I thought the Masters was only going to allow former Masters winners from LIV play, but I see that’s not the case at all. Stupid.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I still don’t know why the PGA allowed any LIV guys to play in any PGA events or majors. Screw them.

I thought the Masters was only going to allow former Masters winners from LIV play, but I see that’s not the case at all. Stupid.

All of the LIV players at the Masters had exemptions to play except Joaquin Niemann.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006