***2024 Masters Thread***

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Watching golf is yawn boring
38962408e6b0384763914caaebca9455.gif

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Sorry, but Scheffler is boring AF. I know that’s what makes him good, but it’s sure boring to watch.

Tiger could win a tournament by 10 strokes, and it was still very exciting.

I know it’s just Scottie’s personality and he isn’t going to change…. it’s just not good for drawing viewers.
You must not think it’s exciting when someone can put a 200 yard iron within 3 feet.

Reactions: DurangoCy

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Sorry, but Scheffler is boring AF. I know that’s what makes him good, but it’s sure boring to watch.

I know it’s just Scottie’s personality and he isn’t going to change…. it’s just not good for drawing viewers.
I think he played at Veenker in college.

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
I still don’t know why the PGA allowed any LIV guys to play in any PGA events or majors. Screw them.

I thought the Masters was only going to allow former Masters winners from LIV play, but I see that’s not the case at all. Stupid.
Masters isn’t a pga tour event (private club tournament). Neither is the us open (USGA).

Edit: None of the majors are pga tour events.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinch

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
There are a lot of confused golf fans right now. Last month, I received a text from a friend asking, “Why is the PGA letting LIV guys play in the Masters?” I responded that it was best to discuss in person because it probably would have taken about an hour to explain.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

You're never going to have Tiger again. He was doing things so much differently than the existing players. But I just don't think that's out there anymore. Between the rollback, lengthening courses and guys pretty well topping out what's possible in terms of distance, you are going to get that true innovation anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Hard disagree here. Love how he doesn’t play safe with a lead, even in majors, he’s going out there and trying to win.

I personally think the Master’s needs to really think about the course and how to tweak it so it’s not such a spot to spot course. I get the tradition and all that which is nice, but they need to get a more risk/reward set up if they want to keep going for another 80 years. It’s just a really really beefed up Deere Run at this point. Too predictable.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Hard disagree here. Love how he doesn’t play safe with a lead, even in majors, he’s going out there and trying to win.

I personally think the Master’s needs to really think about the course and how to tweak it so it’s not such a spot to spot course. I get the tradition and all that which is nice, but they need to get a more risk/reward set up if they want to keep going for another 80 years. It’s just a really really beefed up Deere Run at this point. Too predictable.
I don't agree. It's not like the course plays easy. Fewer than 10 players were under par for the tournament, and -11 is very good but not crazy good. Other than Scheffler, there was a lot of movement in the final round. But that will happen in any tournament with a player in the lead hitting consistently good shots.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't agree. It's not like the course plays easy. Fewer than 10 players were under par for the tournament, and -11 is very good but not crazy good. Other than Scheffler, there was a lot of movement in the final round. But that will happen in any tournament with a player in the lead hitting consistently good shots.

It’s not about playing easy or hard, it’s about playing predictably.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
It’s not about playing easy or hard, it’s about playing predictably.
The player who wins is the one who executes the required shots the best, hitting the spots that put them in the best position to score low. I think that's the beauty of Augusta. There are very specific spots that all players are trying to hit because it sets them up well for the next shot. Few do it well for four days. The one that does it best wins. We already have the U.S. Open, which is set up to challenge the players, sometimes stupidly so. Then there's The Open Championship, which usually is a very different type of game.

Reactions: Letterkenny