2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Heard on radio Bama's AD was in the AD at Kentucky years ago so he can probably give a perspective of UK expectations.
Also, the AD did a decent job of sticking by Oats after the murder situation, when other ADs might have gotten more involved.
Read this again.

Imagine JP and TJ faced with the same circumstances.

I'll take the ISU way every time over Alabama......

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It just keeps sinking towards that low-major category. Drake should be trying to escape to the A10 any way they can.
LOL. No.

The Valley finished 9th in the NET this year in front of the American and WCC and just fractionally behind the A10. The American and A10 were one bid leagues too without tournament shenanigans.

I think you're thinking of the MAC which finished 23rd (!) this year.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUChippewa

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
LOL. No.

The Valley finished 9th in the NET this year in front of the American and WCC and just fractionally behind the A10. The American and A10 were one bid leagues too without tournament shenanigans.

I think you're thinking of the MAC which finished 23rd (!) this year.

The MAC is stable, the MVC is not.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The MAC is stable, the MVC is not.
How is the MVC not stable? It's lost 3 teams over 11 years and has done very well with replacements (other than Valpo).

The only school that would have options to leave is Belmont and they've been notoriously slow to make moves. They had a Valley invite for 6 years before they finally made the jump from the OVC.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How is the MVC not stable? It's lost 3 teams over 11 years and has done very well with replacements (other than Valpo).

The only school that would have options to leave is Belmont and they've been notoriously slow to make moves. They had a Valley invite for 6 years before they finally made the jump from the OVC.

Would you call the Big 12 stable? (I wouldn’t).

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Sounds like Scott Drew is on a plane to Lexington, per my Baylor friends
Great coach but just doesn't seem like a great personality/cultural fit. Drew is notoriously quiet and reserved. Kentucky typically seems to like more vocal and outgoing personalities. I could see a Hurley fitting perfect there, but somebody like Drew just seems like an odd fit.

With that said, if Kentucky buys into letting him make the decisions, he should have good success. They're in the Top 3 for almost every historical winning stat (# of wins, winning %, etc) and can get any recruit they want. But NIL is going to be a huge thing there and I'm not sure Drew is going to like that very much.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Great coach but just doesn't seem like a great personality/cultural fit. Drew is notoriously quiet and reserved. Kentucky typically seems to like more vocal and outgoing personalities. I could see a Hurley fitting perfect there, but somebody like Drew just seems like an odd fit.

With that said, if Kentucky buys into letting him make the decisions, he should have good success. They're in the Top 3 for almost every historical winning stat (# of wins, winning %, etc) and can get any recruit they want. But NIL is going to be a huge thing there and I'm not sure Drew is going to like that very much.

After the past few years or Calipari brashness to the fans and clashing with AD, it would make sense the Drew's quiet under the radar opposite personality is the classic replacement move if it happens.

Reactions: cyfanatic and Jer

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Tech fans probably do not sleep well since they lost Beard to UT, but they were actually pretty fortunate it worked out the way it did.

Honestly I’m think the coach that they have now is excellent.

• Agree
Reactions: Bestaluckcy