2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
Would you call the Big 12 stable? (I wouldn’t).
Yes, I'd call the Big 12 Very stable. It is much more likely the Big 12 adds or stays at 16 than has teams stolen. Is the big 12 a power 2 conference? no. But it is stable as a number 3 conference with several top 25 brands and programs.

Big 12 also has a very fanatic fanbase, and that makes it stable. Unlike miami, who has no butts in the seats unless they are a top 5 team.

WVU, ISU, TT, Oklagoma State, Kstate--they have great fans, something TV appreciates. WVU's bowl in Charlotte against UNC looked like a WVU home game. WVU fans bought up all the tickets as soon as they went on sell. UNC/ A hot commodity, not so much.

So yeah, teams like UVA and UNC have power 2 value bc of the states they're in, but big 12 fans will pay streaming fees etc to watch their teams play. no way UVA or UNC does the same.

Big 12 couldnt be more stable. only a few teams with crappy fans, Houston, baylor, and arz state?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Baylor doesn't seem like a better job than Tech am I wrong?
I put them fairly equal. I think both have big-pocket donors. Tech's fan base is better. Waco's location is better from a recruiting standpoint and proximity to Austin/DFW. Baylor has had more recent success, but Drew has been the driving force. I would think they'd take a sizeable step back once Drew departs.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Looks like he is having lunch in Waco.

OK, that is great trolling. Either he's clearly calling BS in an underhanded way, or it's a conspiracy where he updated the metadata on the picture and had a friend post it back in Waco. Guessing not the second one.

Obviously it says nothing about his intentions, but clearly a way to address the flight rumor without having to say "I'm firmly entrenched".

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron