***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm still bummed they didn't take TJ in the 4th. I think he was better than the guy they got, and selfishly I always want more VikeClones.
I wanted Tampa as well, but I understand the draw of Khyree Jackson, especially in a Flores defense. He's got rare size for a cornerback at 6'4. Very physical as well, and his 40 time was still right there with Tampa. I think they see him with more versatility than a lot of other prospects that were available at the time.

Who knows how it will play out. I hope both he and Tampa have excellent careers.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and stuclone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I wanted Tampa as well, but I understand the draw of Khyree Jackson, especially in a Flores defense. He's got rare size for a cornerback at 6'4. Very physical as well, and his 40 time was still right there with Tampa. I think they see him with more versatility than a lot of other prospects that were available at the time.

Who knows how it will play out. I hope both he and Tampa have excellent careers.
If the Vikes are thinking they may move Jackson to safety, that may have played into their decision too. But the size really impressed them as the Vikes mentioned Jackson’s length over and over.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Assuming the Vikings wanted Maye...the Pats should have made that deal...and then somehow traded up to #2 and either pick Maye or made the Vikings trade with them again! Just kidding...although it would have been funny to see play out!
That would have been an absolute disaster for the Vikes. Thankfully New England saved them from themselves.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Awesome.... so the Vikings only get 7 home games this year? I suppose it doesn't matter, really. They will finish last in the division. Guessing they will win 5 or 6 games.

On the plus side, we were not dumb like the Lions and pay Goff over $50 million per year.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Awesome.... so the Vikings only get 7 home games this year? I suppose it doesn't matter, really. They will finish last in the division. Guessing they will win 5 or 6 games.

On the plus side, we were not dumb like the Lions and pay Goff over $50 million per year.
No this is the year NFC gets 9 home games (17 game schedule remember) so they will have 8 in Minneapolis.

Speaking of home games. The Cousins return game:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rival NFC North fan checking in - I'm envious you have such an active thread. Way too early draft grades:

Chicago A-
Detroit B-
Green Bay B+
Minnesota B+

I actually thought all four teams did a decent job. I fully expect the Bears to "ruin" Caleb Williams since they're a QB graveyard, but maybe he'll be the exception Detroit couldn't stop the pass last season and they got a pair of highly regarded CB's. Packers drafted "character" over expert rankings - six of their selections were "team captains" - I thought they reached repeatedly but have to trust in Gutey. Viking got their guy at QB and moved up for a pass rusher, then got a fine CB in the fourth. The NFC North is arguably the most balanced division in football and it should be very entertaining next fall.

P.S. My daughter married a MN native and they live in Owatonna with my only grandchild - age 14 months. I fear I'll have to get used to purple and it slays me. My SIL sent me a photo of the grandson in a "4" jersey, which is just mean spirited.
Fight the good fight and send your favorite team stuff to him till he picks a team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron