2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
So when do we get a 125 portal guy.... I appreciate Kysen's time but failing to appear to serve jail time just shows nothing really has changed with him
I agree. Kysen is definitely the best guy in the room, but it doesn’t appear he’s ever going to do what’s necessary to improve his consistency.

I say we go all in on HS Jax Forrest or Marcus Blaze or some other HS recruit for 125. Perryman I think is decent and will be a NCAA qualifier, probably more consistent that Kysen, but less upside (which we only saw in the first couple weeks anyways). Maybe Grice can cut to 125? Or I'm fine with bringing in a grad tansfer. This weight has been one of our biggest weak spots since maybe Earl Hall.
Alex Mackall was really good for a year and unfortunately left the team with eligibility left.

Reactions: jkbuff98

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I agree. Kysen is definitely the best guy in the room, but it doesn’t appear he’s ever going to do what’s necessary to improve his consistency.

Alex Mackall was really good for a year and unfortunately left the team with eligibility left.
Is Cabanban back for his 6th next year?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rumor on another board was that he dropped out of Navy BUD/S (SEAL training). Assume he still has a 4 to 6 year entry contract to fulfill with the Navy. Wonder if he’d be able to spend 4 of those attending and wrestling at Navy or if he has to go active duty
Going to any academy requires rec's from congressmen and other things. Would take some work to be able to do that. I think people can leave at the end of basic if they realize that it is not a good fit for them.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Going to any academy requires rec's from congressmen and other things. Would take some work to be able to do that. I think people can leave at the end of basic if they realize that it is not a good fit for them.
Unless something has changed since I was in, there's generally no way out of your commitment unless it's based on medical or conduct.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Unless something has changed since I was in, there's generally no way out of your commitment unless it's based on medical or conduct.
We checked because a local guy told a couple stories. What I found out was you can get a non honorable (like half Way between honorable and dishonorable) if you apply immediately after basics and before they tell you where you are stationed.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Iowa board saying Alirez is being persuade into going in the portal for a hefty $500k from Iowa and Michigan. It’s funny the greatest coaches in the sport can’t develop blue chip guys like Ryder block and Gilcher. Let’s just pay for a proven commodity