2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Hope for 1 or the other. 1st to commit or does Dresser have a preference?
Does Amine cost more since he is proven?
What other schools with money need a 65? OSU got one, Iowa has one, PSU has one. Is TOSU in the mix? Can’t see Amine even considering them

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I'd take either one! Amine is more proven, know what you'll get. Barraclough doesn't have the track record, but there is upside/unknowns there. Either would be a great way to fill a big hole.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I'd assume the plan a couple years ago was rojas/gaitan. Bummer on rojas hope he figures it out and gaitan probably too big. Either of these transfer guys would be huge maybe longer term chittum or casey?

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
I'd assume the plan a couple years ago was rojas/gaitan. Bummer on rojas hope he figures it out and gaitan probably too big. Either of these transfer guys would be huge maybe longer term chittum or casey?
I wouldn't be bummed by Rojas, I've seen him beat Gaitan multiple times, and he works his ass off. I really think he will be a contributor for the program soon

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I am a big fan of guys who have tons to prove and is finally getting a chance to do it. Would I be mad if we got Amine no. I just think barrclough has so much to prove and now he wants it more than ever because he has a chance.
Good point. A chip on the shoulder never hurts.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
What if…… bear claw 157 and Anime 165…….
It's not a bad idea to play the long game. A 5th yr in the program Chittum ceiling should be higher than a 4th yr Chittum. I would also need to think about how Olympic RS would play into this as well in 3/4 yrs.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Maybe. But I don’t think that’s necessarily needed. I feel like you should buy all the stock you can in him now before next year…
I like Cody as much as the next guy, but I don’t know how high his ceiling is. He got destroyed by the App State kid and has shown an inability to finish shots against good guys. He’s no spring chicken either. I hope he keeps improving, but to say buy stock - what do you see him doing next year? I would say his ceiling at 157 next year would be like 7th or 8th?

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I like Cody as much as the next guy, but I don’t know how high his ceiling is. He got destroyed by the App State kid and has shown an inability to finish shots against good guys. He’s no spring chicken either. I hope he keeps improving, but to say buy stock - what do you see him doing next year? I would say his ceiling at 157 next year would be like 7th or 8th?

I thought some of the struggles he had finishing shots looked similar to Casey's true freshman season. Obviously Swiderski took a big step forward. I'm hopeful that Chittum has a similar trajectory.

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
He beat a finalist this year. Clean up some stuff and get a little more consistent, and I'd say his ceiling is as high as he wants it