2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
what the best thing for Cody and I’ll throw Casey in there to is taking redshirts. Cody needs a full year of just folkstyle and being smarter in matches. Cody has tons of potential and I think taking a year to just focus on himself and folkstyle is the best thing for him. Casey needs to get better at mat wrestling and working In scramble situations and could work on more moves than his ankle pick. Cody is going to be really good and once Casey gets down his mat wrestling and more offensive moves. They both are going to be easily top 3 guys and contending for titles.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
what the best thing for Cody and I’ll throw Casey in there to is taking redshirts. Cody needs a full year of just folkstyle and being smarter in matches. Cody has tons of potential and I think taking a year to just focus on himself and folkstyle is the best thing for him. Casey needs to get better at mat wrestling and working In scramble situations and could work on more moves than his ankle pick. Cody is going to be really good and once Casey gets down his mat wrestling and more offensive moves. They both are going to be easily top 3 guys and contending for titles.
Agreed that they could both benefit from taking a redshirt year and developing in areas where they are weak

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Chittum was the Big 12 champion, I don’t care what anyone says because he got hosed by the coaches, and then had a terrible NCAA tournament.

His match vs Mauller at Bigs was one of the best he wrestled all year and was a huge reason why the team was conference champions.

I’m a big Chittum fan

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I like Cody as well but he didn’t have much for wins last year. He beat a gassed out Teemer and a washed up Mauller. Other than that he didn’t have any big wins. So we still haven’t seen how good he can or can’t be. He lost all other matches against good competition. I just hope we see some improvements

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I like Cody as well but he didn’t have much for wins last year. He beat a gassed out Teemer and a washed up Mauller. Other than that he didn’t have any big wins. So we still haven’t seen how good he can or can’t be. He lost all other matches against good competition. I just hope we see some improvements
Didn’t have any big wins, just 2 3x AAs one of which was an NCAA finalist.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Didn’t have any big wins, just 2 3x AAs one of which was an NCAA finalist.
Beating a finalist after Christmas break and at NCAAs are not the same. Beating a washed up Mauller is not the same. If you think they are I can’t help you. Wins over brayton lee still excite you to?

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Beating a finalist after Christmas break and at NCAAs are not the same. Beating a washed up Mauller is not the same. If you think they are I can’t help you. Wins over brayton lee still excite you to?
When I watch chittum he does some things other D1 guys dont/can't. Sometimes guys just fall down when wrestling him. He has some physical tools others don't but not the results yet. I see the reasons for excitement 2 years ago we had Paniro, redding, kraisser, coleman that I can remember jump a level. Last year it was frosty, ech, swiderski, small jump gaitan, and yonger. That's a lot of guys improving so I'd say why not chittum?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
What match Cody wrestled last year would have excited you? Franek in his 2nd meet of the season? Ryder Downey who did nothing at NCAA? If Teamer and Mauller weren’t good wins, then I don’t think he had an opportunity for a good win all year.

If wins over NCAA finalists don’t show you someone’s potential, then I don’t know what to tell you.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Just want to jump in and say I like watching Chittum wrestle and think he has very high potential. He had a disappointing nationals, but he was a true freshman and it’s a different feel to wrestle in that tournament than any other tournament. Another year building up with Durbin (reminder he didn’t do much lifting in Iowa city and has room to get stronger) and developing with this staff and he’s going to be good. Add in the fact that he’s a very hard worker, has shown he has world level talent in freestyle, and he gets to train with Carr, Casey, Paniro, Ech, Reineri and I think it’s pretty easy to see him jumping levels next year.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Just want to jump in and say I like watching Chittum wrestle and think he has very high potential. He had a disappointing nationals, but he was a true freshman and it’s a different feel to wrestle in that tournament than any other tournament. Another year building up with Durbin (reminder he didn’t do much lifting in Iowa city and has room to get stronger) and developing with this staff and he’s going to be good. Add in the fact that he’s a very hard worker, has shown he has world level talent in freestyle, and he gets to train with Carr, Casey, Paniro, Ech, Reineri and I think it’s pretty easy to see him jumping levels next year.
Exactly that’s why I said up above a redshirt is the best thing for him this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron