2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Had a conversation tonight at the tailgate tour event in Waterloo with KD. I’m not going to post details as it would be inappropriate on a public forum. However, oh baby…. Let’s just say I now feel REALLY good about next years roster…. Like I can’t “wink wink, nudge nudge” strong enough. Our head honcho clearly has a fantastic plan and is executing it very well. :cool:

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Had a conversation tonight at the tailgate tour event in Waterloo with KD. I’m not going to post details as it would be inappropriate on a public forum. However, oh baby…. Let’s just say I now feel REALLY good about next years roster…. Like I can’t “wink wink, nudge nudge” strong enough. Our head honcho clearly has a fantastic plan and is executing it very well. :cool:
Whatever could you be hinting at??

Insert<thefirstdominofell>gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Whatever could you be hinting at??

Insert<thefirstdominofell>gif
seinfeld-cigar.gif

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
People had Chittum as a dark horse finalist as a true freshman and now we question if his ceiling is even AA'ing as a sophomore? In this program that's shown a great ability to develop kids? Odd take
Is it? He went 1-2 at nationals and got majored by a guy 99% of this board had no clue existed until that match. He has some of the same issues Kysen has and we’ve all seen how well that’s progressed. Just facts. Cyclones fans have to be the most optimistic team in all of ncaa wrestling. Yonger has made it on the podium a total of 1 time. Paniro didn’t place after getting a 5 seed. It’s great we have talent but developing them is what makes the difference. Time will tell

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Is it? He went 1-2 at nationals and got majored by a guy 99% of this board had no clue existed until that match. He has some of the same issues Kysen has and we’ve all seen how well that’s progressed. Just facts. Cyclones fans have to be the most optimistic team in all of ncaa wrestling. Yonger has made it on the podium a total of 1 time. Paniro didn’t place after getting a 5 seed. It’s great we have talent but developing them is what makes the difference. Time will tell

So if a guy doesn’t AA they can’t be good? We can’t be optimistic about guys who have great seasons, beat really good wrestlers, and then don’t have the weekend they hoped for in the toughest tournament of the season?

Cyclone fans aren’t the ones giving Yonger a 2 seed or Paniro a 5 seed at NCAAs. They earned it by being really good at wrestling.

Yonger not placing the last two years is one thing, but acting like we’re not developing wrestlers because Paniro and Cody didn’t make the podium in their first national tournament is bizarre. Losses happen.

It is an odd take.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
So if a guy doesn’t AA they can’t be good? We can’t be optimistic about guys who have great seasons, beat really good wrestlers, and then don’t have the weekend they hoped for in the toughest tournament of the season?

Cyclone fans aren’t the ones giving Yonger a 2 seed or Paniro a 5 seed at NCAAs. They earned it by being really good at wrestling.

Yonger not placing the last two years is one thing, but acting like we’re not developing wrestlers because Paniro and Cody didn’t make the podium in their first national tournament is bizarre. Losses happen.

It is an odd take.
Is it as odd of a take as me saying he could place 7th or 8th and you taking the high road of being optimistic that he has a similar trajectory to Casey in year 2… who took 7th at nationals?

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Is it as odd of a take as me saying he could place 7th or 8th and you taking the high road of being optimistic that he has a similar trajectory to Casey in year 2… who took 7th at nationals?
You said that was his ceiling. And I don’t know if comparing him to Kysen makes sense when Kysen’s main issue seems to be about lifestyle choices stunting his development more than anything else.

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
Cody was the number one recruit. A lot of the matches he lost were because he did stupid **** not because he was incapable. To me he looks like he has the ability to put on muscle as well. I'm glad he is a cyclone and know that he has room to grow but I believe the ceiling is very high

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Comparing Cody to Kysen is certainly a choice

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Some of you guys are so sensitive to facts all the sudden. Facts are he beat 1 2024 AA this past season and went 1-2 at nationals losing to 2 guys who didn’t podium. Everyone is having a heart attack because I said his ceiling might be 7th place next year. 157 returns Haines, ed Scott, Shapiro, Cardenas, Downey, askey, Kellar, Swensen, Zerban, Blaze, Saldate - not including guys coming into the weight from other weights. Cody can and will improve but until he actually starts beating good guys I think just finishing on the podium is a fair guess.

And no love for Kysen around here anymore. I made no remarks about his person life only that they both have struggled with baseline head and hands defense. The way they move to set up shots at times looks similar - their athletic abilities. Some of you guys need to relax.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ok, you’re really reaching.

Reactions: Gerbs and Tigerguy_

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Some of you guys are so sensitive to facts all the sudden.
I don't think people are being sensitive to facts. It's glass half full or half empty situation. Both are fact and you are seeing the glass half empty. I going with half full. CC is a great teammate and I am absolutely ecstatic he is at Iowa State with 3 yrs left + RS + Olympic RS 3 yrs from now.