2025 Football Targets (Offer List in OP)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
2025 could end up being our best recruiting class ever. We should have a good chance to land a decent amount of 4 stat and high 3 stars. I hope we get CB Poteat. A couple of really good legacy kids in this class also - Hawyard and Curvey.
I think that a lot will turn on the season we have.

Fortunately, I’m bullish on this season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
CR Kennedy OT commits to UI. I was hoping we had a better chance, considering he visited Ames on his own this Spring.

Seems pretty equal to ‘23 SEP kid athletically. Oh well, on to Babalola—whom I hear is supposed to be in Ames today. We need a couple of top OT’s in this class.

• Puke
Reactions: jdolson27

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Much as ‘24 Xavier Robinson’s recruiting blew up after ISU identified him, I think this kid is the next one. This staff can really identify talent—and Gabe Fields really impresses me.

Hey @Connor_Ferguson, can this and the ‘24 recruiting threads get pinned, please? I think you can unpin the ‘23 thread.

Reactions: Connor_Ferguson

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Much as ‘24 Xavier Robinson’s recruiting blew up after ISU identified him, I think this kid is the next one. This staff can really identify talent—and Gabe Fields really impresses me.

Hey @Connor_Ferguson, can this and the ‘24 recruiting threads get pinned, please? I think you can unpin the ‘23 thread.
Got 2025 up there, on my phone right now and for some reason can find a link to '24. Would be awesome if you could tag me there if you're able! Have been playing around on here with tools and still learning some - put it off way too long haha.

Talking to Gabe Fields on the phone some time this evening, excited for that as well. And thanks again for tagging me!

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Latest check in on Pierce Mooberry, who's held his lone offer to Iowa State since April and has gotten comfortable with the staff - visited for Cy-Hawk game.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Several offers out after the game, including Malik Verdon’s brother, Trey. Listed anywhere from 6’0” 212 to 6’2” 225, if he’s anywhere near as athletic as his big bother, I’m sure they’ll find a place for him somewhere.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not sure if you were insinuating this or not, but he's not coming to Iowa State.
You’re not allowing him to?

It always impresses me when people make definitive statements about the potential choices of others. Never positively, but impressed me nonethethless.

FYI, he visited ISU on his own dime last Spring, so you never know what’ll happen.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
You’re not allowing him to?

It always impresses me when people make definitive statements about the potential choices of others. Never positively, but impressed me nonethethless.

FYI, he visited ISU on his own dime last Spring, so you never know what’ll happen.

This is CF, if I can't overreact there then where can I?

You're right, I was over the top. I should have said: All indications that I know of point that he's a blue-chip kid and would be very unlikely to be high on ISU. Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of our hat with this kids, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

He feels much more like a Kayden Proctor type deal than a David Caulker type of deal. I'd love to be wrong; it would be awesome to see what Clanton an do with a kid like this.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This is CF, if I can't overreact there then where can I?

You're right, I was over the top. I should have said: All indications that I know of point that he's a blue-chip kid and would be very unlikely to be high on ISU. Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of our hat with this kids, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

He feels much more like a Kayden Proctor type deal than a David Caulker type of deal. I'd love to be wrong; it would be awesome to see what Clanton an do with a kid like this.
What I know:

A. He came back to CR from Georgia because he didn’t want to be so far from home.

B. Committed to Iowa because see above, and they have a strong history of developing OL.

C. Decommitted from UI, presumably because their offense blows chunks and the current OL coach hasn’t impressed.

As far as point A going forward, a quick trip down Highway 30 is the next best he’s gonna get. Coach Clanton has a kernel of “developing OL guys” (compared to Iowa), if the two hit it off, it might work out.

Besides, the kid would fill a need PERFECTLY.

Oh, and “The odds are against it” or “that’s a long shot also suffice. ;)

Because it’s still true. But…miracles happen!