2025 National Title odds…

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'd be fine with Wichita but my guess is we'd prefer Milwaukee

Nothing super close but neither is too far. From Ames Wichita is little over 6 hours, Milwaukee is 5 and a half.

Obviously for SW Iowan's would be for Wichita and NE Iowan's for Milwaukee. :)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Interesting that Rothstein shows Shead returning. I thought it was pretty much certain that he's not using his COVID year and all in on the draft. I suppose if he gets bad feedback and a big NIL deal he might leave the door open to come back.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I'd be fine with Wichita but my guess is we'd prefer Milwaukee
Milwaukee is about 60 miles closer to Ames than Witchita so that would be the site selected first, unless it's been filled already

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
  • Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018

Call me crazy but out of all the first round locations I'd pick Denver. No location is that great to drive to and we have a huge alumni base in Denver plus direct flights from Des Moines. Not to mention Cedar Rapids and Sioux City do as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClubCy and Jdk

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Iowa St is bringing back their top 4 scorers, all in double digit. Plus their potentially bringing in 4 transfers that scored in double figures last year. They obviously will not have 8 guys avg double digit points, but will most likely have 5, and maybe even 6.
UCONN had 5 guys in double figures this season.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Gee I wonder what Big 12 team will get Wichita? Perhaps the one from Lawrence?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Call me crazy but out of all the first round locations I'd pick Denver. No location is that great to drive to and we have a huge alumni base in Denver plus direct flights from Des Moines. Not to mention Cedar Rapids and Sioux City do as well.
Milwaukee is closest (as has been pointed out) and the alumni base in Chicago is probably larger than Denver.

Milwaukee is a skosh under 4 hours drive from CR. A person would spend that amount of time getting to the airport, through security, boarding, flying to Denver, disembarking and lining up transportation to the arena.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Only thing with getting Denver (any site other than Wichita/Milwaukee) makes me assume ISU would be a 4 seed or lower.

4 seed would be underachievement, although certainly not "bad," and if it came to that, Denver's preferable over most of the other 1st weekend options.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
If there was ever a year to make it to the Final Four please be ne t year in San Antonio. River Walk would be elite and most media members who go every year say it’s the absolute best city for the Final Four.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
13th seems pretty low.
Keep in mind this doesn't necessarily mean they think ISU has the 13th best chance of winning the title. They also look at where the money will go. Programs like Kentucky, Duke, Michigan State, Kansas and UConn will always get a lot of action due to their reputations, which in turn lowers their odds.