'22 QB Rocco Becht Commits

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Tom Brady has lost games. Usain Bolt has lost races.
Kargman is nowhere near Rocco Becht.
That wasn't me making that claim, it was Swain. I just thought it was interesting that WVU had offered Kargman when Becht has the personal connection to them.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Charles Wright's flip from us to Texas was less than a calendar year ago...
Funny story. When Wright committed to us, the staff was excited because he had a lot of Brock Purdy similarities. When I looked at his video, I could see the strong resemblance but…there’s only one Brock Purdy. And frankly, there seemed to be something missing. Some essential element.

I had my reservations, but decided not to say anything, be polite about the kid, and just trust the staff. They have a track record, after all.

To be honest, I felt like Texas was doing us a favor, taking him off our hands.

Now, Rocco Becht? After watching his throws, him, I have zero reservations about.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
That wasn't me making that claim, it was Swain. I just thought it was interesting that WVU had offered Kargman when Becht has the personal connection to them.

Per a 3/30/21 interview with 247, Becht said that WVU wanted him but he was their plan b and needed to wait to hear from the other kid. I wonder how hard Neal Brown is kicking himself today.

I also wonder how far down the alphabet Kargman is. LOL

Reactions: c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This thread has me feeling all:

giphy.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This kid needs a boost in ratings. Seriously, getting blatant that our commits get shorted by recruiting services.

I'm actually fine with that. Stars are fine and all but the quality of the kid is what counts and Campbell and Co. seem to do just fine evaluating talent.