37 Minute Team

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
Gonna be a tough year to watch for the W's, but this team sure has alot more in the cupboard that I thought they would. I am not sure what Prohm has to do to keep them focused at the end of games, but it is maddening to watch them in the final few. Eventually they need to figure it out, or CSP needs to swap the lineup. Jackson does a great job at times, but he proves time and time again that he is not the end of game go to guy for us and disappears or just plan makes poor choices at EOG. Hope to see a W for one of these close ones soon.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Gonna be a tough year to watch for the W's, but this team sure has alot more in the cupboard that I thought they would. I am not sure what Prohm has to do to keep them focused at the end of games, but it is maddening to watch them in the final few. Eventually they need to figure it out, or CSP needs to swap the lineup. Jackson does a great job at times, but he proves time and time again that he is not the end of game go to guy for us and disappears or just plan makes poor choices at EOG. Hope to see a W for one of these close ones soon.

So you missed how he brought ISU back into the game tonight and put the dagger in the Jhawk beak last February?

He gets out of control some times but give me him shooting the last 3 any time.

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
So you missed how he brought ISU back into the game tonight and put the dagger in the Jhawk beak last February?

You apparently missed my point about EOG*. He was good and brought us back but disappears at the end. I think he had 2 TO's and 2 terrible shots in the last few tonight. Not criticizing him in generally, just not the guy I want with the game on the line.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

You can’t ******* take DJ out. Hell, we have 4 guards and One is recovering from a concussion.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You apparently missed my point about EOG*. He was good and brought us back but disappears at the end. I think he had 2 TO's and 2 terrible shots in the last few tonight. Not criticizing him in generally, just not the guy I want with the game on the line.

Again, see last February. Game was plenty on the line.

Seemed like everyone turned it over late tonight. NWB looked just toasted for energy. It'll come along.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
They are so close. Just need some of this:

enhanced-buzz-7040-1365179982-23.jpg

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Only if somebody kicks out to him. Scares me with the ball in his hands (if he's not shooting).

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
I'd say NWB should be our EOG guy, but he looked exhausted by the last couple of minutes. By the end of the season when Wigginton tightens up his handle I think he and Babb can do 2-on-2 the way Georges and Monte used to, but until then maybe hook it to Brase down low?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
DJ is fine, but he just needs to shoot. He’s so good at that, and not so good at creating shots.

It was nice to see Wigginton get shots to fall. Once he tightens his handle and learns how to distribute we’ll win these games. He’s good for a freshman, but his dribble hasn’t really improved since last spring.

We need both Lard and Young to play well.

I’m surprised Talley didn’t get more time at the four to matchup with KU. Our defense is bad so it may be worth a try. We won’t compete for anything until this staff gets the team to play well on that end.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and Dingus

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
You can’t ******* take DJ out. Hell, we have 4 guards and One is recovering from a concussion.
How long does it take to recover from a concussion? Was it a Wile E Coyote Acme Anvil type of head knock or something?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How long does it take to recover from a concussion? Was it a Wile E Coyote Acme Anvil type of head knock or something?

I don’t know if you are serious but of course some concussions can be very long to recover from.

I just read today about Justin morneau retiring. He never really recovered from his concussion.

I have a friend who fainted, hit her head, and ended up with s concussion. 4 years later she’s not even close to the same person. She has vision problems, memory issues,and a different personality.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
This team is Wile E Coyote incarnate. Same actions expecting different result. 3/4 of the conference games have seen late game collapses or leads frittered away, 3/4 conference games lack of 3 point defense has led to some average joe big man to go off for at least 6 3 pointers. Team is headed nowhere in short order.