6 hour rule - tailgaiting

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Does anyone know what the policy for leaving a car over night is? I was hoping on leaving my car parked out there tomorrow night and just pick it up Friday morning. Is this okay?

It's usually fine in the grass lots, we do it all the time. I'm sure they rather you leave it than drive it home less than sober too.

Reactions: Benny34

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
It's usually fine in the grass lots, we do it all the time. I'm sure they rather you leave it than drive it home less than sober too.

Thanks,

I was hoping they would let me leave it rather than try to drive...

Good to hear.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
What time do the lots open tomorrow? I heard noon, but if they open 6 hours before kick then it is 1... Thanks.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
What time do the lots open tomorrow? I heard noon, but if they open 6 hours before kick then it is 1... Thanks.

Should be 1:00 but I think we rolled in around 12:30 last year for SDSU.

Kent St was the same way. Should have opened at 12:00 but we got in around 11:15.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wished they would still allow parking along Beach Ave. great tailgating atmosphere. Guess JP didn't think the $20 per car to park generated enough money figured he would raise parking pass fees for the lots. Oh well!!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Also, remember that all ISU staff general (yellow signs) parking on campus is open and free game after 11 a.m. tomorrow.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Anyone have any idea how early you should be in line if you want to get into the "student lot"? My wife and I were thinking of going over there at 3am, would this allow us to get in?

Also, I heard a rumor that they were going to let people park their cars in the "student lot" on friday night so they didn't have such a build up in the line, but from what people are saying that isn't true. Does anyone know anything about this?

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Anyone have any idea how early you should be in line if you want to get into the "student lot"? My wife and I were thinking of going over there at 3am, would this allow us to get in?

Also, I heard a rumor that they were going to let people park their cars in the "student lot" on friday night so they didn't have such a build up in the line, but from what people are saying that isn't true. Does anyone know anything about this?

Bump for some help from our CF tailgate experts!:smile: