"A new star is born"

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I have never seen an athlete go from hero to zero as quickly as steele jantz. I still have alot of respect for the guy but it just serves as a reminder to be humble about our wins and avoid unnecessary pressure on our athletes by giving them nicknames like "superman"

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I have never seen an athlete go from hero to zero as quickly as steele jantz. I still have alot of respect for the guy but it just serves as a reminder to be humble about our wins and avoid unnecessary pressure on our athletes by giving them nicknames like "superman"

Eh, wouldn't go so far as a zero. I think we all feel better knowing that we have a capable kid at back up QB.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
And a grown man vs. a 19 year old. I bet you their skills were within range when Tebow was his age. Not saying Barnett will be "as good" as Tebow. They are both born playmakers and winners.

No.

Completely Regardless of how Tebow is playing in the NFL, he was perhaps the greatest High school player of all time.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Eh, wouldn't go so far as a zero. I think we all feel better knowing that we have a capable kid at back up QB.

Definitely not a zero. Switching to Barnett as starter is starting to look like the smartest coaching move of the year. But we need to remember, this team might not yet be bowl eligible if it weren't for the Jantz heroics.

Brings up an interesting question -- has ISU ever had two starting QBs win 3 games in one season?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
A healthy Steele Jantz, I can see him leading ISU to the win last night. JB is a physically smaller version of SJ . . . SJ can run, too (or could, before the UConn game).

Which one has the stronger arm? And, SJ saw more than several of his passes dropped, too.

Maybe JB isn't the automatic starter next fall, maybe there will be continued competition, in spring ball.