Ace just signed with the Bills

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Bills sign LB Bowen - Buffalo Bills

With players expected to begin trickling in at St. John Fisher Thursday, Bills fifth-round pick Alvin Bowen wanted to make sure he was one of the players that could report. The Iowa State product signed a multi-year deal with the club late Wednesday.
"It's definitely a relief because I was wondering when it would get done," said Bowen.
The linebacker was a tackling machine for the Cyclones as he led the team in tackles for his final two seasons and finished his career with 364 while adding nine sacks for good measure.
His senior season Bowen was named first-team All-Big 12 as he led the nation with 155 total tackles which was also good for fifth best in Big 12 conference history.
As for his role with the Bills Bowen isn't going to pigeon-hole himself.
"I've left my expectations wide open for this training camp," said Bowen. "But I have a sense of urgency and focus and I'll be ready to fill whatever role the team needs me to fill."
Bowen felt comfortable getting his feet wet in the spring OTA and minicamp practices, but is well aware that the intensity will increase with the pads going on at camp.
"I expect the aggressiveness to go up a lot more and the physical play to be more intense," said Bowen. "But that's football."
Buffalo now has four draft choices left to sign. Top pick Leodis McKelvin , James Hardy , Chris Ellis and sixth-round pick Xavier Omon .

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Don't know why, but I think he's going to look pretty cool headhuntin' in that Bills helmet.

Well done, Ace.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
How did you receive a text message from them? Just signed up for bills alerts or what?

I work for Coe. Fred Jackson, the #2 RB for the Bills, is a former Kohawk. I'm on their site every day and get all of their releases.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
If anybody else out there is a Bills fan, it looks like they will get Leodis McKelvin signed today or tomorrow. It seems the Bills have been waiting to see what "similar" draft picks have been getting for contracts before signing their guys, such as with Ace. Then they will just need to sign Hardy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron