AJ gets pick six, Cam gets it called back

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Cam Newton made a rookie mistake on Thursday in the team's preseason opener.

6_4731387.jpg

(Photo: Tommy Gilligan, USA TODAY Sports)
As A.J. Klein sprinted to the end zone for a pick-six following his first-quarter interception at Baltimore, Newton ran out onto the field to celebrate. That forced the referees to throw an illegal substitution flag on the quarterback, taking away the touchdown (though the interception still counted).

With the odd circumstances, the internet reacted accordingly.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Panthers also drew a fifteen yard penalty later for an assistant coach stepping onto the field. Apparently the league is making that a point of emphasis this season, and all the teams had been notified. Not a good look for Cam early on, especially when he's already under the microscope after his Super Bowl postgame presser.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Do records count in the pre-season? If so - and I was AJ - I'd be pretty pissed at a 95 pick-6 being called back for that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I guess I don't get the hate for Eli. He plays on a rival team to my team in the same division but I don't find him hateable like Brady, Roethlisberger and Newton.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I guess I don't get the hate for Eli. He plays on a rival team to my team in the same division but I don't find him hateable like Brady, Roethlisberger and Newton.

I totally hate Eli. Goes back to the "too good for the Chargers" in the draft. Arrogant SOB.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone