All FB coaching rumors and speculation

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Pretty sure I know more about the ins and outs of Michigan then you do but we can agree to disagree. I really would be shocked if he left but he would be going out on a high note and he has never stayed anywhere for very long.

Im confused, aren’t you a Spartan? Meaning Michigan State? Or are you the equivalent of an Iowa fan, who cares more about Iowa State than you do your own school?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
No one is questioning whether the future is bright.

The question is whether he’s done enough to impress. Did USC not go with Riley? Oh, they did? Because taking a preseason top-10 team to 7-5 or 7-6 isn’t impressive.

Turning around a program is a skill. Michigan isn’t looking for that. And for good or bad, failing to take the next step is incriminating to most of these jobs, even if you mistakenly think little of Iowa St

It was reported at least twice if not three times over the span of two weeks that CMC turned down USC before they hired Lincoln. Literally every time a team hires a coach, that was their guy all a long. They aren’t going to put out a press saying we missed on our first 5 targets, but we got the 6th. Buy tickets now!

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Im confused, aren’t you a Spartan? Meaning Michigan State? Or are you the equivalent of an Iowa fan, who cares more about Iowa State than you do your own school?
As i said about a dozen posts before this one I went to both. MSU for undergrad and michigan for grad school. For football I really only support sparty but for the other sports I support both as long as they aren't playing each other.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Pretty sure I know more about the ins and outs of Michigan then you do but we can agree to disagree. I really would be shocked if he left but he would be going out on a high note and he has never stayed anywhere for very long.
Being a fan and/or alumni doesn’t mean you know anything more than anyone else. Unless you’re willing to tell us exactly how you know “the ins and outs” of UM football better than anyone else I’ll just assume you’re a fan who thinks they know something they really don’t. Honestly not unlike many posters here who are always talking about how they know why or why not CMC would take another job.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Being a fan and/or alumni doesn’t mean you know anything more than anyone else. Unless you’re willing to tell us exactly how you know “the ins and outs” of UM football better than anyone else I’ll just assume you’re a fan who thinks they know something they really don’t. Honestly not unlike many posters here who are always talking about how they know why or why not CMC would take another job.
I’ve mentioned it before but don’t blame you for not knowing/remembering. I know regents at Michigan as well as a couple prominent donors. For sparty I know a lot of people in the AD and one of the trustees. Had the luck to grow up nextdoor to Dane Fife who was Spartys basketball coach in waiting for awhile and got to know alot of people and work in the AD when I was in undergrad.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

I always laugh when I see demanding posts on message boards. Especially free message boards.

You are spot on to be skeptical of what people post, but to demand someone's credentials is silly. If you want accuracy, buy a newspaper. No guarantees there either.

• Winner
Reactions: ruflosn

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wasn

Wasn't Chizek DC at UNC about 4-5 years ago? Must need work. Or Mack paid him some big$ to right the UNC ship. Maybe coach in waiting?
Yes he was. His kids still lived in Auburn at that time but they they have all graduated now so probably ready to get out of the house.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I always laugh when I see demanding posts on message boards. Especially free message boards.

You are spot on to be skeptical of what people post, but to demand someone's credentials is silly. If you want accuracy, buy a newspaper. No guarantees there either.
Yeah…..that’s not what I was saying at all. But thanks for educating me on what to expect on free boards, that was helpful.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and isucy86

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I agree its not worth stressing about, and happy that it's so...but just want to say that I'm thankful and pleasantly surprised there hasn't been a ton of posts on Harbaugh to this or that NFL team and subsequently CMC to Mich. Not even twitter. I suppose its wishful thinking to hope it remains this way....quiet.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I agree its not worth stressing about, and happy that it's so...but just want to say that I'm thankful and pleasantly surprised there hasn't been a ton of posts on Harbaugh to this or that NFL team and subsequently CMC to Mich. Not even twitter. I suppose its wishful thinking to hope it remains this way....quiet.

when it’s quiet that’s when you need to worry. I’d start freaking out now to get out ahead of it..

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Rumors in the last hour are that Harbaugh is working on an extension in Michigan. My guess is the NFL leaks were by his camp wanting an extension. If it weren’t the case, Miami would’ve snatched him in a heartbeat
Yeah news from a lot of michigan people has Harbaugh getting an extension and a massive staff to pursue NIL as well as concessions with athletes being allowed to use "michigan" in their NIL deals.