All FB coaching rumors and speculation

Beach_Tornado

Aug 12, 2021
I’d be pretty upset with MC on that if he went and did. It would scream not practicing what he preaches, at all.

I wouldn’t feel that way had he left for an NFL job or maybe an Ohio State, Michigan job that seems to fit what he wants to do.
How would going to OSU or Michigan or the NFL be better. The USC program is in the dumps right now. The fan base has become indifferent and there is a real opportunity for Campbell to help those talented players to become better versions of themselves. USC doesn’t have the talent of Ohio State, which is already performing very highly. But usc has talent and Matt could help them reach their potential. Really hope he stays though

Reactions: agentbear

Beach_Tornado

Aug 12, 2021
Florida actually has fans though that care about football, USC not so much
USC has fans, but in recent years they’ve become bummed out because of underachieving and various season ticket policies set forth by the administration. I live in the LA area and many of the fans are older alumni who grew up watching a top program. If usc returns to its original form, they’ll definitely have a lot of fans. And they already have more than pretty much every pac 12 team. But most people would rather go to the beach on an 80 degree Saturday than watch a 4-6 team in south central LA

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
As fast as things change anymore, conference realignment, nil, tv contracts, we’re all supposed to just live in the days of “neb, usc, Miami, Texas, are blue bloods that you immediately bow down to?” That **** is tiring. I cannot name the current fb coaches at usc and Miami and I am an above average sports fan. Nothing but has been uncle ricos.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
USC has fans, but in recent years they’ve become bummed out because of underachieving and various season ticket policies set forth by the administration. I live in the LA area and many of the fans are older alumni who grew up watching a top program. If usc returns to its original form, they’ll definitely have a lot of fans. And they already have more than pretty much every pac 12 team. But most people would rather go to the beach on an 80 degree Saturday than watch a 4-6 team in south central LA
So what exactly does USC offer? CMC apparently doesn’t care about the money. He has young kids… Midwest is generally regarded as one of the best places to raise a family. He has a great relationship with the AD here. Iowa State has great facilities now. He just came off what some would consider to be a disappointing year (compares to expectations), yet nobody here wants to see him leave.

I just don’t see why CMC would want to leave for USC. But in the end of the day, it’s his decision.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
So what exactly does USC offer? CMC apparently doesn’t care about the money. He has young kids… Midwest is generally regarded as one of the best places to raise a family. He has a great relationship with the AD here. Iowa State has great facilities now. He just came off what some would consider to be a disappointing year (compares to expectations), yet nobody here wants to see him leave.

I just don’t see why CMC would want to leave for USC. But in the end of the day, it’s his decision.

Twice the money and any recruit in California you want

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Twice the money and any recruit in California you want
It would be more about the money for his assistants than anything. It’s not like the guy is making peanuts with his salary here, which will continue to increase. 4-5 million goes a LOOOONNG way in Iowa.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
It would be more about the money for his assistants than anything. It’s not like the guy is making peanuts with his salary here, which will continue to increase. 4-5 million goes a LOOOONNG way in Iowa.

So go make twice that for a few years, move back and retire here

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Unlimited NIL money.

Reactions: agentbear

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
So go make twice that for a few years, move back and retire here
Matt Campbell is not the guy to retire from coaching early no matter how much he makes. At least it doesn't seem so. The point is once you make a certain amount of money, some people are wired in that the money doesn't matter. $5 Million or $8 Million? Guess what? You are fricking rich either way you slice it.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi