All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Well if you looked up stats from last year Kempt is a lot better than Stanley...

I use stats when I am not familiar enough with the players I am comparing. I wouldnt know much about ISU's 4th or 5th WR from last season.

I saw Stanley play every game and watched Kempt quite a bit last year too. Its obvious, to an objective viewer, that Stanley is the better QB.

• Creative
Reactions: amishclone

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Kempt has played in half the number of college football games as Stanley, but has 2 wins over top 5 teams.

Just sayin'.

Are you really counting the 5 games that Stanley played in as a true freshman in this number? 4 of those games it was mop up time.

Going full @CyTwins troll with this one I see.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Are you really counting the 5 games that Stanley played in as a true freshman in this number? 4 of those games it was mop up time.

Going full @CyTwins troll with this one I see.
He played in less than 7 1/2 games this season. I'm not sure how that is terribly far off of half of the 13 games for Stanley this season.

EDIT: My bad. 7 1/2 is 57.7% of 13 so clearly nowhere near half.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Stewo and GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I use stats when I am not familiar enough with the players I am comparing. I wouldnt know much about ISU's 4th or 5th WR from last season.

I saw Stanley play every game and watched Kempt quite a bit last year too. Its obvious, to an objective viewer, that Stanley is the better QB.

How would Stanley be better to an objective viewer? To people view incompletions and fumbles as a good thing?

At least one Big 12 coach thought Kempt was the third best QB in the conference behind Mayfield and Rudolph. Kempt was statistically very good last year and in reality his calmness and decision making was more impressive than his stats

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Seriously what am I missing here? Stats favor Kempt and the eye test even favors him more. I don't see how anyone could argue Stanley is better. If you want to argue he has more potential because he's younger I can at least see you have a point but to this point Kempt has proven he's the better of the two

• Agree

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Playing 3 DE on the DL and the worst QB between the two teams is a bold strategy.

Who is A. Jones?

Yup, Iowa pretty much always has one DT that is smaller and quicker. Plus, it’s pretty obvious those are the four most talented DL on the combined rosters.

Stanley is better than Kempt. We’ve been over this.

Amani Jones is Iowa’s starting MLB. He’s strong as an ox (maybe stronger) and hits like a ton of bricks. Not sure how good he is in coverage, but he can’t be any worse than Lanning was last year.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yup, Iowa pretty much always has one DT that is smaller and quicker. Plus, it’s pretty obvious those are the four most talented DL on the combined rosters.

Stanley is better than Kempt. We’ve been over this.

Amani Jones is Iowa’s starting MLB. He’s strong as an ox (maybe stronger) and hits like a ton of bricks. Not sure how good he is in coverage, but he can’t be any worse than Lanning was last year.

Seriously someone explain to me how Stanley is better than Kempt when the numbers and eye test favor Kempt

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Seriously what am I missing here? Stats favor Kempt and the eye test even favors him more. I don't see how anyone could argue Stanley is better. If you want to argue he has more potential because he's younger I can at least see you have a point but to this point Kempt has proven he's the better of the two

Eye test definitely doesn’t favor Kempt. You like to mention how Stanley overthrows his receivers all the time, but he improved on his deep ball immensely as the season went on and starting hitting those throws with regularity.

He has a much stronger arm and has shown he is a pretty good decision maker by only throwing 6 picks. He can fit balls in windows that Kempt wouldn’t even contemplate trying. His accuracy is pretty much the same as Kempt’s, as you can see by the fact they have almost identical adjusted completion percentages. Stanley also had a terrible receiving group, while Kempt had probably the best group of WRs in Iowa State history, and played in a league with terrible defenses.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
How hard do you think it is to look up stats for last year?

Besides Easley and Butler, Eaton and Jones had the best numbers from the returning WR's for both teams. Jones cant find the end zone it seems like so I went with Eaton.
He did score 6 times as a true freshman in 2016.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Eye test definitely doesn’t favor Kempt. You like to mention how Stanley overthrows his receivers all the time, but he improved on his deep ball immensely as the season went on and starting hitting those throws with regularity.

He has a much stronger arm and has shown he is a pretty good decision maker by only throwing 6 picks. He can fit balls in windows that Kempt wouldn’t even contemplate trying. His accuracy is pretty much the same as Kempt’s, as you can see by the fact they have almost identical adjusted completion percentages. Stanley also had a terrible receiving group, while Kempt had probably the best group of WRs in Iowa State history, and played in a league with terrible defenses.

The eye test favors the guy who constantly fumbles, overthrows receivers and completes 55% of his balls. Lololol!

Didn't Stanley have a better OL blocking for him too?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Its going to be a really long offseason if all we have to talk about is Stanley v. Kempt.

Yeah I know you're just trolling on the subject but I genuinely think Mashup believes the Fumbler was better. No wonder your coaches call you guys idiots and morons lol

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
See, this is why it’s impossible to have rational conversations on this board. Don’t you ever get sick of trolling?

Laughing at someone who says the eye test favors a guy constantly missing open receivers and fumbling is not trolling

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Laughing at someone who says the eye test favors a guy constantly missing open receivers and fumbling is not trolling

Yes it is. I just gave you a list of reasons why you’re wrong, and instead of refuting any of them (because you can’t), you just trot out the same schtick you’ve been using all offseason.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes it is. I just gave you a list of reasons why you’re wrong, and instead of refuting any of them (because you can’t), you just trot out the same schtick you’ve been using all offseason.

Kempt was more accurate than Stanley. Yes or no?

Kempt was better at holding on to the football. Yes or no?

Stanley put up worse numbers while having a better OL. Yes or no?

I'll gladly wait for your 3 word response that should read something like this "Yes, yes yes"

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

As an objective viewer, please explain the Wisconsin game in greater detail to us and make some sense about him being a better QB when the Iowa offense laid a steaming pile of yeahbuddy against Wisky. Don't want to hear excuses as the QB is supposed to be the leader on offense.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As an objective viewer, please explain the Wisconsin game in greater detail to us and make some sense about him being a better QB when the Iowa offense laid a steaming pile of yeahbuddy against Wisky. Don't want to hear excuses as the QB is supposed to be the leader on offense.

He showed off his arm strength against Wisconsin

• Funny

Help Support Us

Become a patron