Any Recruiting News?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Good catch. I changed it. Remember Carr & Shapiro will be on the same team as the above wrestlers.
Gomez and Duggan, too. Gomez will get an extra year if he want’s it and Duggan is a way better wrestler at 285 than 197.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Gomez and Duggan, too. Gomez will get an extra year if he want’s it and Duggan is a way better wrestler at 285 than 197.

the weight cut for Duggan definitely affected him last year. He’s got a chance to develop into a nice hwt when Gannon graduates

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
the weight cut for Duggan definitely affected him last year. He’s got a chance to develop into a nice hwt when Gannon graduates
Will be interesting to see how that kid from Pennsylvania works into the mix here too. Iron sharpens iron

Reactions: stuclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Watching Duggan at U23 this weekend, he looked huge. How much does he weigh now. Looks like he put on a lot of muscle

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
What is the ceiling for Gaukel? Is he an Andrew sorenson type?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
What is the ceiling for Gaukel? Is he an Andrew sorenson type?

Good question. He’s just as likely to be a 3time finalist and 2 time state champ than a 3 time finalist. Lost to Reeves in the finals as a freshman. Lost in sudden victory in the finals as a sophomore against Faught (who was 20-0 with 10 pins as a RSFR at Upper Iowa last year) and got called on a locked hands in the finals last year (not convinced it was). He’s tough.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Damon Houston from Midland (Wyoming Iowa) committed as a walk-on. I believe he was runner up both as a Sophomore and Junior in Class 1A. Article in the paper said he was told he would be redshirted immediately (as he should and as expected).

Pretty exciting news in Eastern Iowa. Small town kid coached by his Dad. He will instantly become better just with getting the resources of a D1 program and teammates who will challenge him in practice. I know some people from Midland and and they told me Iowa State is getting a heck of a team member here. Fantastic human being, great character kid who will come in day 1 and work until he drops. He may never see a varsity match but Iowa State just got a great teammate who will make his workout partners better.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron