Anyone else wish they weren't born a Cyclone

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I was not born a Cyclone fan, I was born a Hawkeye fan. Actually, I wasn't really a sports fan growing up, so that had no bearing on my choice of school. I wanted an engineering school, so I went to ISU (I'm not even going to mention another out-of-state school I looked into). Fortunately in '98-'02, we were relatively good in football and basketball, so it was easy to become a fan. I also helped convert my family. Don't accuse me of being a bandwagon fan though, I would rather eat **** than be a hawk or h*****. I am a Cyclone for life, no matter how much days like today suck.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Sorry, you lost me here. I know I haven't been there in over 3 years, but I've seen plenty on TV to know that Hilton Magic is LONG gone.
Hate to sound lame but there is nothing like watching a game in Hilton and I know others can feel that same tradition.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'm so sick that I'd probably suck it up and donate more if JP sent the form-email-requst right now... I will always be a Cyclone! That or dead, which ever comes first!

Now it's been a few days since I've had that "kicked in the crotch" feeling, was beginning to almost miss it...

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
No. I have been kicked in the balls by Iowa State more times then I care to remember and I wouldn't trade one of those swift kick to the ball sack for KU's National Title. It wouldn't mean anything to me.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
I was born a Badger. I chose to become a Cyclone.

There's a big difference. When you're born into this sort of BS, it's just God messing with you. When you go into it by choice, it's called masochism. That's not healthy.

I'm beginning to think I need help...

Reactions: SeattleClone

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sorry, you lost me here. I know I haven't been there in over 3 years, but I've seen plenty on TV to know that Hilton Magic is LONG gone.

However, we have a better scoreboard though thanks to facility improvements. Heard that the bball team can hardly wait for the new practice facility with bigger softer rims to build their shooting confidence. Still trying to find out how to stimulate road game situations.

ISUchains1Fan

May 30, 2008
McCallsburg, IA
I would have to no. I don't think we're born Cyclones, we choose to be. I can honestly say today I cried, seriously I cried because of everything that has happened this year. From getting pumped up for this season of football, then having it crashed, To Stevie Hicks death, to the women's basketball & men's. And now Gene leaving (maybe) I just couldn't take anymore lose. I have loved this school & area all my life. I have travelled the US for a new home but I kept coming back, to my true love central Iowa. I can say this my heart cries for this school just when they think they got it right, it goes completely wrong. So to my one & true love please believe me when I say I'm here for you, we're all here for you. Cause we believe in you! And we love you ISU!

Reactions: ianoconnor

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Raised as a Hawkeye...chose Iowa State. Wouldn't go back to the dark side, or anyplace else, for anything.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, it sucks sometimes. But no matter what, no one can take away Hilton Magic, Jack Trice tailgating, or walks through this campus...

Agronomy.html

Besides, that's what the hoks want us to do...give up and join them.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
As soon as I knew I was going to Iowa State, I was a Cyclone for life. That was 15+ years ago. I am glad to be a Cyclone, and am hopeful this will end up ok.

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
Always and forever a Cyclone! We are the Cyclones! Right now, I don't have much respect for a quitter, it that is what happens....Chizik's own words to Bates not two months ago...a quitter! I dare him to prove me wrong....:realmad:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I grew up in Ohio, rooting for Notre Dame football and Indiana basketball (parents went to IU, family is catholic and all from Indiana)... I didn't become an ISU fan until I chose this as my school. I don't regret it though. I love Ames and I love the Cyclones. Sometimes I think about the fact that I could have gone to Ohio State and watched some pretty elite teams, but it wouldn't have been the same. I'm grateful to be a Cyclone.

Let's keep our heads up. Although Football is looking horrible, and basketball not much better... we have positives such as wrestling and volleyball.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I wasn't born a Cyclone fan, I chose to be one.

What I'm sick of is all the BS whining. It's as bad as Hawkeye fans when they lost a game or two.