AP moved us up #4

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
According to Keith Murphy, this is our highest ranking ever entering into the tournament (99-00 and 00-01 teams were evidently 7th).

That puts this team in very rare air, and if they perform well, they're definitely in the argument for best Cyclone team ever (although I think they are already with the resume to date).

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I’m sure the Kansas, A.D. and the Duke A.D. and the North Carolina, A.D‘s all peacefully excused themselves when their AD’s were on the committee, and didn’t dare talk about the résumé of their own teams.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, the team should have ZERO trouble getting fired up to prove a point in this tournament. Not that TJ would let them go off-script anyway but my goodness there is so much disrespect being heaped on our guys by that committee. Literally every other metric, poll, talking head sees it.

EDIT: (Except Bilas. That guy....)
Jamie as he steps out of the room Sunday:

“Hey guys, I’m not going to ask you to move my team up, that wouldn’t be ethical. But…how about if you give ‘em some bulletin board material?”

Reactions: Cyismymonkey

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious, when are the votes for these polls due?

Because it almost feels like some of the voters saw the Committee’s ranking and said, “Iowa State #8? Oh, HELL no!”

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just curious, when are the votes for these polls due?

Because it almost feels like some of the voters saw the Committee’s ranking and said, “Iowa State #8? Oh, HELL no!”

They probably just said “based on the results, Iowa State should be ranked 4th”.

Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is Pollards last year, maybe his replacement next year from the B12 will go to bat for us.

Maybe they will be able to and not have to leave the room everytime ISU is discussed...

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Uconn should be so pissed. Auburn is #7 and the overall number one seed gets them as a 4 seed. East region is so loaded
Are we even certain UConn is as great as the so-called experts claim they are? I did a little look into their season. Their schedule looks pretty weak if you consider only 3 Big East teams made the tournament. Their non-conference schedule saw them beat UNC at home, as well as have wins at Gonzaga and Texas. They lost at KU (like everyone). That’s about it. I think we would have won 30 with their schedule…

Also, more certain than ever not to bet on Marquette. I don’t believe they are any better than Creighton. (Creighton may be better than them.)

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
If this Cyclone team can at least match the 2000 team and make it to the Elite 8, it will pass that team as the greatest of all time even without the Big 12 regular season championship. The Fizer/Tinsley team was great, but the level of competition was much less. I'm going to take it one game at a time relishing the stress each day.

• Disagree
Reactions: tzjung and nrg4isu

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
The selection committee is a joke. They have no integrity. They have huge amounts of bias. They don't even follow their own stated criteria. They're too lazy to update the bracket based on games on Saturday and Sunday (except when they want to). They have no consistency in interpreting the data. Instead of following the weight of the evidence, they cherry pick pieces of evidence to support their fraudulent picks. I expected Iowa State to get screwed, and the committee certainly did everything they could to screw us hard. It won't work though because we're going to roll through this tournament. Go 'Clones!

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Well, the team should have ZERO trouble getting fired up to prove a point in this tournament. Not that TJ would let them go off-script anyway but my goodness there is so much disrespect being heaped on our guys by that committee. Literally every other metric, poll, talking head sees it.

EDIT: (Except Bilas. That guy....)
Bilas is one of those guys who thinks he knows it all...but is more full of ******** than anything else.

CT clone

Aug 10, 2020
The committee did the same thing to UConn they did to Kansas last year - make it incredibly hard for them to make a run. Last year KU’s bracket had 7 teams in the top 25 of KenPom and UConn was a 4 seed with a top 6 ranking (similar to Auburn). UCLA was a 2 seed that was top 4 in KenPom as well. Arkansas as an 8 seed was in the top 21 in KenPom. UConn ended up dominating the region and winning it all.
Since we won the tournament of the toughest conference, no reason we can’t go win 2 games each of the next two weeks to go win the toughest Region and do the same. Then we all get to complain next year how they screwed us with a #1 seed

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
These guys at CBS cbb blog knock it out of the park...not so much complaining about ISU this year, but about how stupid it is to look at ISU's 16 SOS and say it was easier than UNC's 32 SOS:

• Winner
Reactions: wgleason and cayin

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
If JP was allowed to stay in the room, he might have pissed off enough members to get Cyclones sent somewhere other than Omaha