Army/Cal Baptist duals

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
True. Guys like Pat Lugo, Andrew Alirez, Brock Mauller to name a few of those “inferior” opponents.
Hey, I'm pulling for the kid & recognize his length & unorthodox style creates problems. He's been wrestling a long time and upsets happen in this sport. Heck, I remember this Osenbaugh guy beating a 2 X NCAA Champ, Gold Medalist and Hall of Famer.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
Current ISU all Americans - David Carr, Jarrett Degen. That’s it.

Out of everyone on the team, why anyone would choose Degen to criticize is beyond me.
Exactly...seems that people forget Jarrett was the only NCAA qualifier his first year, who was Round 12. He AA the next year, made Covid AA, then was hurt. Who has even sniffed round 16? But once again, people go after him - complete BS. Also, it didn't take him year 5 or 6 to get it.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
Exactly...seems that people forget Jarrett was the only NCAA qualifier his first year, who was Round 12. He AA the next year, made Covid AA, then was hurt. Who has even sniffed round 16? But once again, people go after him - complete BS. Also, it didn't take him year 5 or 6 to get it.
My bad, Marcus got to round 16.....

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm definitely not worried about Degen.
He can struggle when there aren't too many scrambles as that seems to be where he can capitalize most on his length and leverage. People are wise to his tactics, but Degen will come out on top more often than not.

Do we know anything about Parker? Is he dinged up?...cutting back down to 141?

Didn't see him at all this weekend.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
He can struggle when there aren't too many scrambles as that seems to be where he can capitalize most on his length and leverage. People are wise to his tactics, but Degen will come out on top more often than not.

Jarrett said PJO was strong. If you noticed, he didn't go to the ground, he chose neutral, knew Jarrett could ride him out.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
He is a gamer! Have always loved watching him put up points in front of a crowd at home meets. Many times he was the only one scoring any points and letting it fly. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the sport, hope he is finally healed up and ready to make a run at it this year one last time.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

Healing a rib issue from a couple weeks ago

Reactions: DantheFan

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

He didn’t wrestle, but I saw him get a good hard warmup in before the first dual and he must have weighed in because they announced him.