Around The Web: Iowa State 9, Nebraska 7

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Maybe I was blind, but unless they can't show FSN footage on ESPN... there was nothing regarding this game on SportsCenter? They showed 5 out of 6 Big 12 recaps, and skimped on the ISU/NU match up. You're telling me KSU beating CU was a bigger deal? 8 turnovers wasn't a big enough story? How about a program beating the Huskers for the first time on the road since the Carter administration? THAT WASN'T A STORY?

Agreed......but this is what we get and I don't really care. Sportscenter will not ruin a "W" like this for me. No one but us Cyclones will know how this really feels anyway.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
FYI... Paul Rhoad's fist pump to the crowd was in the opening series on espn. Also, I saw tiller throw the touchdown to jake williams highlight on sportscenter. Finally, Lou did give Je. Smith a helmet sticker on gameday final.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
— Suh on putting the loss into words
“They've got an outstanding defense. Are you kidding me? Eight turnovers I think we gained, and the final score of this game was 9-7. Anybody else that had that kind of turnover advantage would've won by 30 or 40 points. Credit Nebraska.”

Pretty interesting quote coming from Suh........Scoreboard loser.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
It wasn't in print, but we got some love during the half-time show of the nationally televised Alabama-Tennesee game on CBS. They previewed it by saying, "Coming up, today a Cyclone blew through Lincoln, NE" and then they had a pretty nice segment showing all the highlights. I was very proud!!

S

st8

If kNU had been ranked 25th, it'd be all over the place. The simple fact that they weren't/aren't ranked means we will get little to no pub out of this.

we aren't going to get as much cover on this as we would like, no matter how monumental of a victory this is to all of us. fact is that Iowa's last minute victory was a much bigger deal on a national scale, and stole a lot of our thunder with local coverage as well. Nevertheless, the state of Iowa should be pretty pumped about its two major football programs right now.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Does anyone else find it just a bit of a coincidence that the school that essentially took down an online poll/contest of a major network gets no love on said network??? :)

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Went back & watched an old fav show of mine in The League. Has anyone else ever noticed a certain 2009 CFB game was on the screen several times in the scenes?

Attachments

• IMG_6566.gif
    IMG_6566.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 9