Around The Web: Iowa State 9, Nebraska 7

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We have a knack for upsets with backup QBs (especially third stringers... )
Ahhhh yes, 2017! The best game I've ever witnessed in person.

Oklahoma fans are still talking about the crazy Iowa State fan way up in the cheap seats who had a seizure when Lazard caught the go ahead touchdown pass.

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
Ahhhh yes, 2017! The best game I've ever witnessed in person.

Oklahoma fans are still talking about the crazy Iowa State fan way up in the cheap seats who had a seizure when Lazard caught the go ahead touchdown pass.
Wasn't Jared Barnett our 3rd QB when he started against Ok State in 2011?

Of course, Purdy was QB3 when he went in against Ok State

I'm not sure where Seiler was on the depth chart, but I'm pretty sure he was never QB1, right?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Wasn't Jared Barnett our 3rd QB when he started against Ok State in 2011?

Of course, Purdy was QB3 when he went in against Ok State

I'm not sure where Seiler was on the depth chart, but I'm pretty sure he was never QB1, right?

At that point of the season, Barnett was arguably #1. He started the last 6 games of the season in 2011 (OSU was start #3).

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
At that point of the season, Barnett was arguably #1. He started the last 6 games of the season in 2011 (OSU was start #3).
Man that Rhoads staff was really bad at finding and evaluating talent at the QB position, and probably even worse at developing it. Sam Richardson was probably the only decent starting QB that Rhoads didn't inherit from the previous regime that was all that good or skilled. And Rhoads ruined him.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Good gosh I wish we'd won that game to end the series with them on a 2-0 run...
Ugh yes. I loved the fake field goal call, the receiver was WIDE OPEN, just an insanely bad throw to the ground by the holder :( I was there and just remember being in shock for a good minute or two.

The only silver lining was watching the Nebraska team and coaches storm the field like they had just won the national championship lol

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You mean, this one??? :)

(I normally poke fun at resurrecting very old threads, but for this topic....)
giphy.gif

Living Fremont, NE. I took 8 cardinal and gold frosted turnovers to work on Monday. They complained a lot, but ate them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ugh yes. I loved the fake field goal call, the receiver was WIDE OPEN, just an insanely bad throw to the ground by the holder :( I was there and just remember being in shock for a good minute or two.

The only silver lining was watching the Nebraska team and coaches storm the field like they had just won the national championship lol
It was a PAT. He didn't throw it into the ground. He was throwing into the wind and he didn't put enough on it so it took too long to get there and a defender who was beat was able to get to it and intercept it.

aauummm

June is National Camping Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
It was a PAT. He didn't throw it into the ground. He was throwing into the wind and he didn't put enough on it so it took too long to get there and a defender who was beat was able to get to it and intercept it.
Agree, it was a fake PAT and in overtime. Rather than kicking for the tie, we went for the 2-point conversion for the win. As I recall, if we had won, we'd have been the only team in the country to beat Nebraska in both of their last two seasons in the BIG12.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Crazy that was almost 14 years ago. I couldn’t remember the specifics.

Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron