Auburn fan heckles the AD over Chizik hire

Big12Fan

Nov 24, 2006
Davenport
How many more Auburn fans are out there tonight are trying to absorb it all? So sad! I say we will be better off in the end. Right now it is still tough to swallow. I feel like I've been in a train wreck.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
That is good stuff. I will really, really enjoy myself if Gene struggles at Auburn, and I think there's a good chance of that.

Of course the Auburn AD didn't say for sure that they were hiring Gene, but wouldn't it be hilarious if he actually listened to all the fan backlash and backed out on Gene at the last minute? And then JP told Gene to go **** himself? That would be awesome.

Just wait it will probably happen. Que life kicking ISU in the nuts...again.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
As I was thinking about this a little more tonight at dinner with my family, I had some realizations. Chizik and the Auburn AD can believe that it was ISU all they want to. And as far as getting BCS bowl caliber teams year in and year out, yes, ISU is probably the toughest place in the country to sell that at. In all honesty though, half of our losses this year, imo were not because of lack of talent on our team. Really, a lot of it was poor coaching and the inablity to get our team ready to play on the road. I saw nothing out of A&M, Kansas, UNLV, CU, KState or even Nebraska that told me we shouldn't have been able to beat any one of them. Or at the very least, two of them. Believe me, I'm not saying we should have won every one of those games, merely that it wasn't talent on the field that was our biggest issue there. I am beginning to look on the bright side of this and say to myself, in the long run, we will be better off without Chizik. We can try to find a coach that will come here and give us a few more years that 2 to get us back to winning games. As I see it, Chizik took what he could while he could. Because he knew he didn't have what it takes to actually coach a team to a victory. He needs top notch 5 star talent to be able to compete. Auburn, I believe will soon figure this out. My prediction, Chizik will be gone, in disgrace from Auburn within 3 years.

I hate to say it, blame it on the Defensive Coordinator all we want, Chizik was supposed to be a Defensive Guru. Our team this year was probably one of the worst Defensive teams I have ever seen at ISU. Blame that on talent and the inability to sell ISU all you want Gene, in the end, you are the head coach, it was your job to keep things in line and you didn't. You might be able to sell white wash and excuses to Auburn, but I think soon people will find out what you are really made of. And now, you won't be doing that at lowly ISU, you'll be doing it at a national powerhouse. Instead of trying to build tradition, you'll be tearing it down. Good luck sir, you are going to need it.

As for ISU, don't worry, we'll be all right. We're used to taking heart ache and bouncing right back from it. I just hope we get to meet and beat you on the field before Auburn figures out the mistake they made.

Reactions: kingcy

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
With Miles, Saban, and Petrino recruiting great classes, he is looking like the 4th place team in the SEC west on a regular basis. So I guess that's a step up from 6th. He'll have 3 years there, and will be shown the door, along with the Auburn AD I would bet.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
How fun would an Iowa State vs. Auburn Independence Bowl be in a few years?

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
This is just literally amazing.

On at least 3 separate occasions I've burst out laughing at how ridiculous this all is. I can't believe someone would hire away our 2-10, 5-19 overall coach...or that he would bolt.

I mean, this is insane. Just insane.

Reactions: MadCy

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
i love it! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! i hope auburn fans recognize how big of a snake he is as well

Somehow I doubt personal integrity is quite as important to Auburn fans, they're more concerned with how bad he sucks. Either way, this is going to be good.