Away game roll call

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Deadline to order thru ISU is tomorrow for season ticket holders, get those requests in and don't chance the secondary market! We did that for TTU two years ago and got stuck in a corner (same side, other end from where the students got relocated to...) Drunks trying to pick fights w/ me all game, and my kids were sitting right next to me. Won't be going back to Lubbock anytime soon, and my wife's masters is from there.

For 2023, we're going to BYU and UC. New opponents in conference, gotta get those stadiums visited quick! I still need to get to Waco, Ft. Worth, and Morgantown to complete the quest to go to all B12 stadiums. We did get OU and TX the last couple years, and of old B12 we went to kNU a few times.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Deadline to order thru ISU is tomorrow for season ticket holders, get those requests in and don't chance the secondary market! We did that for TTU two years ago and got stuck in a corner (same side, other end from where the students got relocated to...) Drunks trying to pick fights w/ me all game, and my kids were sitting right next to me. Won't be going back to Lubbock anytime soon, and my wife's masters is from there.

For 2023, we're going to BYU and UC. New opponents in conference, gotta get those stadiums visited quick! I still need to get to Waco, Ft. Worth, and Morgantown to complete the quest to go to all B12 stadiums. We did get OU and TX the couple years, and of old B12 we went to kNU a few times.
I'd prioritize Morgantown over FtW and Waco.
If WV weren't so far away I'd go more often.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I went to a couple of the WV games when they were on Thanksgiving weekend. I could take a trip and visit mom and dad in Blacksburg, then catch the game in Morgantown as the first leg of the trip back to Omaha.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I’m considering taking my 6yo to Norman. I want to see ISU play there for the last time.
I’m just rolling the dice and buy off Stubhub.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm coming back for Iowa game, which is a road trip for me! My wife and I will be at BYU as well.

Still considering K-State, which is an easy trip from here. One of my friends in Colorado Springs coincidentally was Beau Freyler's youth football coach and wants to go to that one.

Reactions: NWICY

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I’m considering taking my 6yo to Norman. I want to see ISU play there for the last time.
I’m just rolling the dice and buy off Stubhub.
We got decent seats in '21 directly from OU. Only downside is that they email weekly about events and I'm too lazy to unsubscribe. Probably my favorite venue as a visitor. When the OU band played "Fights!" to welcome their friends from Ames, someone in my section was cutting up onions... :D

Reactions: DSMCy

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have heard from several people that TTech is the worst place to see ISU play. I heard their fans are d1cks.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I haven't been to any but have driven by Waco and was on TCUs campus last year for the Charles Schwab Challenge. It's a cool (and clearly very rich) campus. Stockyards in FtW is a blast too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I haven't been to any but have driven by Waco and was on TCUs campus last year for the Charles Schwab Challenge. It's a cool (and clearly very rich) campus. Stockyards in FtW is a blast too.
I probably need to get back to another TCU game.
I believe I went when they had a fall break. Thankfully ISU had a good tailgate setup via local alumni.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Parking is a problem at both Baylor and TCU, they park you a few miles away from the stadium and then bus you to the game. Getting there was easy, but we ended up waiting a while to catch a bus back to where we parked. They did do a great job labeling where each bus would take you.

WV is the sister stadium to JTS, so plenty of parking around the stadium with a hospital breaking it up. Great people to tailgate with.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
Parking is a problem at both Baylor and TCU, they park you a few miles away from the stadium and then bus you to the game. Getting there was easy, but we ended up waiting a while to catch a bus back to where we parked. They did do a great job labeling where each bus would take you.

WV is the sister stadium to JTS, so plenty of parking around the stadium with a hospital breaking it up. Great people to tailgate with.
At Baylor, always attend the DFW Cyclone Club organized-tailgate less than a mile from the stadium for free parking and a great barbecue meal.

Soocity

May 8, 2023

We park on the streets at TCU. Just walk to their stadium. It safe. Nice eating around there too.

cyclonemarc

Mar 3, 2013
Newton, IA
I have heard from several people that TTech is the worst place to see ISU play. I heard their fans are d1cks.
It was a crock when they stopped the game 2 yrs ago to move the students. They didnt move them out of the stadium just 2 sections further away from our team.

cyclonemarc

Mar 3, 2013
Newton, IA

we park with the dallas ft worth alumni and they had great parking.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
At Baylor, always attend the DFW Cyclone Club organized-tailgate less than a mile from the stadium for free parking and a great barbecue meal.
We always hook up with the DFW Cyclone club and do their tailgate, but when we did Baylor, the tailgate tent was close to the stadium and the parking was a few miles away. Same at TCU, we did the tailgate in the lot and then loaded buses to the game. So it must change from season to season where they get to sit up the tailgate.

We always get our Texas located tickets through the DFW club, they tend to be better than those through ISU, Barry is great to work with, google them and they will set you up.