B12 Championship TCU vs KSt

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
In a year when the B!2 was pretty even these two emerged as the top two, deservedly so. TCU has everything in front of them and just need to focus on the task at hand. They can't rely on coming thru in the 4th quarter as they have done repeatedly. KSt has the horses and can pull it off if they can avoid costly turnovers. Max Duggan is a great story for sticking it out under the new regime and regaining the QB1 posiiton while putting up great numbers. KSt doesn't have the team speed that TCU has but plays fundamentally sound football and their coach has quietly built a strong program without a lot of noise and glamour. I pick TCU 27-17.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Win or lose K-State is in the Sugar Bowl. It’d be incredibly dumb if K-State pulled the upset and knocked the Big 12 out of the Playoffs. That is exactly what the pro SEC/Big Ten committee wants too. Pro Big 12 people are saying TCU should still be in if they lose, I guarantee they won’t. The committee will find a way to justify Ohio State or Bama in that case.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
K State is that program that keeps finding success somehow and are no different than us. They already had their fun with Snyder’s reign, so I don’t want to see them start anything at all with Kleiman too by winning this.

That said, you know damn well the purple kitties are going to F this whole thing up for the Big 12 and win Saturday.

K State 32, TCU 28

• Love
Reactions: surly

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Pro Big 12 people are saying TCU should still be in if they lose, I guarantee they won’t. The committee will find a way to justify Ohio State or Bama in that case.

I think you are right here, and it’s just crazy how a group of (mostly old) men (and a couple of women) can sit in a meeting and decide who gets in the playoff, using top-notch high-quality statistical metrics like “if Alabama and TCU played today, I think Alabama would win.”

Did you hear the quote earlier this week from one of the older committee members saying Penn State was playing in the Big Ten championship game against Michigan? Penn State? Which isn’t even in the West in the first place, let alone playing in the CCG? And these are the top minds determining the final four?

In 2014 the Big 12 didn’t have a CCG, so the committee used that “13th data point” to vault an Ohio State team that lost to Virginia Tech into the playoff over a one-loss Big 12 champion that was ranked above OSU before the CCG. I absolutely can believe the 2022 committee could vault an Ohio State team that’s not playing this weekend over a team that happened to have its only loss in a CCG, completely disregarding that previously vital “13th data point.” It’s indescribably biased towards “blue bloods” - because it’s a bunch of guys deciding who they think is “best.”

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
K-State will win this unless TCU takes out their qb again which they seem to have a talent at doing.

• Love
Reactions: surly