Battle of the Ex's...Huskers vs Bluejays

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This is becoming a theme.

Greg never pulled off an upset at Hilton. Ever. Hell, Prohm's worst team a couple years ago still pulled off a handful of upsets at home.

He beat one ranked team in 4 years. How many has Steve beaten? I have lost track because it’s so many. If we win tonight the feeling I will have is happy but at this point I won’t be over the moon ecstatic like I didn’t halfway expect it.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: pulse and Snydes

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I ******* hate Chewy. The people that say Hilton Magic is dead now don’t remember the Dark Ages of McD. I don’t hate Wayne. Nit deep run followed by round of 32? His teams were light years ahead of Chewys at ISU .
Morgan’s team did so much more than McD’s team. People always bring up underachievement of Morgan’s team with Blalock and Stinson. How about McD’s team with Brackins? That team had 3 future NBA players (Brackins, Garrett, Hamilton), two 4 star players (Dandy, Colvin), Christopherson, Gilstrap, and Vanderbeken but still managed to finish 15-17 overall and 4-12 in the conference. I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt since he is a nice guy (or a professional cheater). Wasn’t Wayne Morgan a really nice guy as well?

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Brackins
Garrett
Gilstrap
Hamilton
Christopherson
Staiger
Dendy

Forget the dance, they didn't even sniff the NIT. Makes you sick.

I was living in Chicago and went to the Duke game at the UC. Couldn't believe it wasn't even competitive.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Brackins
Garrett
Gilstrap
Hamilton
Christopherson
Staiger
Dendy

Forget the dance, they didn't even sniff the NIT. Makes you sick.
Wes Johnson
Rashon Clark
(His first year) and we did squat.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I was living in Chicago and went to the Duke game at the UC. Couldn't believe it wasn't even competitive.

I was there with the pep band. What a worthless game that was. I think that was the one where Chris Colvin had a blowup with the staff afterwards, too.

Then we got stuck in Chicago because of a blizzard. It was fun, though. We hung out, watched the Alabama/Texas national title game, and we went to Avatar.

Fun looking back at that moment in time.

Reactions: OnlyCyclones

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really didn't watch much of the McD era...iirc they were on ESPNU etc. and I didn't have access.

Whenever I watched them it was really disjointed.

Morgan had some decent teams but it seemed to always be about the big play.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Really didn't watch much of the McD era...iirc they were on ESPNU etc. and I didn't have access.

Whenever I watched them it was really disjointed.

Morgan had some decent teams but it seemed to always be about the big play.
I’ve said this before on CF...I had a soft spot for McDermott since he’s from my small town in eastern IA. But I lost all respect for the guy during his first radio interview in Omaha (I lived there at the time) after taking the Creighton job. In short, he blamed his lack of success at ISU in not having “high IQ players” or something to the effect of not having smart enough guys to run his system. I’ve rooted against him ever since.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I’ve said this before on CF...I had a soft spot for McDermott since he’s from my small town in eastern IA. But I lost all respect for the guy during his first radio interview in Omaha (I lived there at the time) after taking the Creighton job. In short, he blamed his lack of success at ISU in not having “high IQ players” or something to the effect of not having smart enough guys to run his system. I’ve rooted against him ever since.
Did he cheat at ISU? He recruited well at ISU. He is under investigation for cheating at Creighton.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This is becoming a theme.

Greg never pulled off an upset at Hilton. Ever. Hell, Prohm's worst team a couple years ago still pulled off a handful of upsets at home.

Yeah, Greg beat a really good KSU team on the road when we were 3-12 in the B12 when people wanted him fired anyway. The worst possible game for a big upset.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, Greg beat a really good KSU team on the road when we were 3-12 in the B12 when people wanted him fired anyway. The worst possible game for a big upset.

I remember seeing that game and it looked like ISU's players had way more freedom than other times I had watched.