Baylor game start time?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I did a google search to find out what date homecoming was this year a few weeks ago and found this... Homecoming 2009 | Iowa State University

It will be a 1 o'clock game unless it is picked up on TV.

Good find. 1 PM is not bad at all. 7 AM for lots to open is manageable.

2009 Football Telecast Window Information - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

FSN has a 6pm pick, and espn has a 8:15pm pick.

Football - Schedule & Results - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

The games are:

Kansas st. vs Texas A&M
Oklahoma St. vs Missouri (My guess for the ESPN game)
ISU vs Baylor
Colorado vs Kansas
Nebraska vs Texas Tech
Texas vs OU 11am exclusive ABC

I would guess Colorado vs Kansas or Nebraska vs Texas Tech would take the FSN pick, and the other would get a probable FCS pick at 2:30. Maybe we sneak into the FCS pick.

My guess is OSU vs Mizzou, Nebraska vs Texas Tech get the TV games for sure.

Then the remaining three games all fight over an FCS spot. Probably not us unless we somehow sweep the Kansas schools.

outcydethebox

Aug 27, 2009
I did a google search to find out what date homecoming was this year a few weeks ago and found this... Homecoming 2009 | Iowa State University

It will be a 1 o'clock game unless it is picked up on TV.

Thanks! I found this the other day too.

I imagine it will be near this time as much as possible unless something crazy happens with tv. The tentative time for the ISU/KU game was 12:00 and the official time is 11:30 now so that is pretty close.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Does anyone have a solid guess on the Baylor game start time? It is homecoming so I would assume it would not be a night game.

I have a wedding at Hickory Hall @ 4. Hope I can watch it somewhere, I kinda have to be there.:yes:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks! I found this the other day too.

I imagine it will be near this time as much as possible unless something crazy happens with tv. The tentative time for the ISU/KU game was 12:00 and the official time is 11:30 now so that is pretty close.

The earliest it can be, if televised, is 2:30. There are at least two TV slots at 6:00 or later, too.

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
Supposedly, the Vet Med's are having some event andthe game time is listed as 2pm. Where they got thier info from I don't know.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Supposedly, the Vet Med's are having some event andthe game time is listed as 2pm. Where they got thier info from I don't know.

There isn't even a game time, so them publishing 1:00 or 2:00 (even as a fallback) is dangerous, because people don't normally check twice. Once they see a time, any time, they assume that's set in stone.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Memories of 2002 vs. Texas Tech come to mind...perfect fall evening.

I seem to remember that game was on TBS. Seems to me that I have seen a video clip from that game a 'couple' times and there was a TBS logo on the screen. :wink:

There was also some strange symbol next to "ISU" in the score window, like two straight vertical lines almost as if it were some kind of ranking. If memory serves, that symbol had changed to a single figure the next week. Then I'm not sure what happened because the symbol disappeared after that and I don't think I've seen it since. Hopefully Rhoads can find it again soon.