Baylor

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
They looked decent. Won't be an easy game. They threw the ball well (316 yards) but didn't establish a consistent run game so I'm hoping our secondary can shut down their receivers.

I was at the game in Waco in Breece and Brock's senior year and we took the L. It's never easy to win on the road and Baylor is no exception.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I flipped thru a couple times. Cinci had no trouble moving the ball but made poor decisions. I’d wager I only watched a total of 15 minutes but saw them fail to convert three 4th Down attempts, two when they were well within FG range, relatively early in the game. They lost by three. Announcers were beside themselves - you don’t pass up easy points!

I like our chances, even on the road.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
Cincinnati also had a very very bad special teams play where they fumbled the ball right into a Baylor players hands and he walked 5 yards into the end zone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It was a poorly played game. Baylor has some talent on offense, and they usually have our number on that side of that of the ball. Schaben isn't all that composed, but he gave us issues last season. Cincy busted some big runs after bad tackling from Baylor. If we continue to play clean football and get some push in the running game, we can get another road win.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We should have beat them last year. Shapen made some amazing throws, Brock got knocked out and we had a few bad targeting calls against us.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
It was a poorly played game. Baylor has some talent on offense, and they usually have our number on that side of that of the ball. Schaben isn't all that composed, but he gave us issues last season. Cincy busted some big runs after bad tackling from Baylor. If we continue to play clean football and get some push in the running game, we can get another road win.

Yup, it seemed to be a battle of 2 not-so-good teams. Cincy had 450 yards against Baylor where we held then to 214. Cincy honestly should have won that game but really dumb decisions (going for it on 4th down within fg range, etc) and 1 horrible kick off return fumble returned for TD doomed them. Satterfield seems like the worst coach in the B12, which is sad.

This game made me feel better about ISU in Waco. As others have said, it's never easy, but from what I saw, this Baylor team is on par with Cincy and that's not a complement to them. This is not the same Baylor we've seen the past few years.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m still not convinced that there’s not one more “What the f*ck? Loss” left in the season but I don’t think it’s this one. Baylor is just not good so this one is dependent on how we play. If good ISU shows up, we win by atleast 2 TDs. If early season ISU shows up, it’s close but can still win.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Baylor has talent. For one reason or another it hasn't come together for them.

• Agree
Reactions: wintersmd