[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

We are going to have lots of competition for Eugenio. Would be one of our best gets of the Campbell era. He’s a sack machine.

Come to the good side Mario! You don't want all your games on at 9:30 PM at night on Espn when everyone is checked out from a day of great football

Reactions: cyclone4L

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Name: Rocco Becht
Position: QB
Height: 6'1” (but more like 5’11”)
Weight: 190lb
Other Measurables:
NCAA Football 14 Freshman: 73
NCAA Football 14 Potential: 93
Player Comparison: Drew Brees
Significant Impact: QB is tough because it’s not a rotational position. I think he’s the guy after Dekkers.
Attributes: [20/20] [Leader][Quick Release]
Areas of Improvement:
Rocco’s biggest area of improvement may be impossible to obtain. I wish he could grow a few inches; his dad is 6’6”. Apart from that, he just needs to get on campus and work.
Thoughts:
Oh boy, there’s always a few guys every cycle that commits to ISU and some of the fans aren’t sold on them. Here’s what I’ll tell you. Becht has a low completion percentage in his junior season... his team sucks. “But 4L! Shouldn’t he be whooping the opponents all by himself?” No, not Armwood Seffner and Tampa Bay Tech. Half of those teams are D1 guys. His team was outmatched in most of the games.
Completion percentage is extremely important; it is the reference point for decision making, timing and accuracy for a QB. However, it’s screwed by crummy players. Good thing we have the tape...
When I watch the tape, I see well thrown balls that are on the money and right where a receiver wants it. Unfortunately, he has to cut the tape quick after it arrives to the players because the player dropped it.
When I watch the tape, I see MANY things that I love. He has an extremely quick release and the ball pops out of his hand. He is elite with his pocket mobility; this dude is gonna be tough to sack (much like Purdy). His OLine isn’t the best and there’s almost immediately pressure on him. He is very skilled at avoiding the tackler. He also has an impeccable ability to locate the open man and make a decision; watch the first play of his hudl tape. This guy has a good qb coach.

However, the most important quality about him.... Rocco is a leader. He led his 7v7 team to a pretty big championship which they won in overtime.You can tell he has A LOT of friends in the college football circle. He has what it takes to lead the Cyclones.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Other Measurables:
NCAA Football 14 Freshman: 65
NCAA Football 14 Potential: 88
Player Comparison: Brock Purdy (I wish there were someone different)
Significant Impact: QB is tough because it’s not a rotational position. I think he’s u
Areas of Improvement:
Rocco’s biggest area of improvement may be impossible to obtain. I wish he could grow a few inches; his dad is 6’6”. Apart from that, he just needs to get on campus and work.
Thoughts:
Oh boy, there’s always a few guys every cycle that commits to ISU and some of the fans aren’t sold on them. Here’s what I’ll tell you. Becht has a low completion percentage in his junior season... his team sucks. “But 4L! Shouldn’t he be whooping the opponents all by himself?” No, not Armwood Seffner and Tampa Bay Tech. Half of those teams are D1 guys. His team was outmatched in most of the games.
Completion percentage is extremely important; it is the reference point for decision making, timing and accuracy for a QB. However, it’s screwed by crummy players. Good thing we have the tape...
When I watch the tape, I see well thrown balls, I do not have a problem with his accuracy.
When I watch the tape, I see MANY things that I love. He has an extremely quick release and the ball pops out of his hand. He is elite with his pocket mobility; this dude is gonna be tough to sack (much like Purdy). His OLine isn’t the best and there’s almost immediately pressure on him. He is very skilled at avoiding the tackler. He also has an impeccable ability to locate the open man and make a decision; watch the first play of his hudl tape. This guy has a good qb coach.

However, the most important quality about him.... Rocco is a leader. He led his 7v7 team to a pretty big championship which they won in overtime.You can tell he has A LOT of friends in the college football circle. He has what it takes to lead the Cyclones.
Nicely done.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
@cyclone4L I would have preferred [Getting the Band Bechtogether] over [I'm a HollaBecht Girl] but I think at this point I'm just quibbling.

Reactions: cyence

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Other Measurables:
NCAA Football 14 Freshman: 65
NCAA Football 14 Potential: 88
Player Comparison: Brock Purdy (I wish there were someone different)
Significant Impact: QB is tough because it’s not a rotational position. I think he’s u
Areas of Improvement:
Thoughts:
When I watch the tape, I see well thrown balls, I do not have a problem with his accuracy.

You don’t win in 7 on 7 at the level he was playing at without being accurate with the ball. Really like this pick up. He is elusive but he doesn’t depend on his legs at the the first pressure. Finds guys getting open while he is scrambling, not many guys do that well. I think Rocco had the ability and mindset to have a high ceiling.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You don’t win in 7 on 7 at the level he was playing at without being accurate with the ball. Really like this pick up. He is elusive but he doesn’t depend on his legs at the the first pressure. Finds guys getting open while he is scrambling, not many guys do that well. I think Rocco had the ability and mindset to have a high ceiling.
My impression is that he had much better talent on that 7 on 7 team. Hopefully some gob those guys join him in Ames.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Total agreement here

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Don't ask me why I looked into this, I was bored. But Becht's 7v7 team (Team Tampa U18 Elite) has a record of 13-1-1. They are competing at the Sam Madison 7v7 Classic this weekend. Their only loss on the season is to Hustle Inc. back on February 21st, who's team is comprised of Gunner Stockton, Daniel Martin, Marquis Groves-Killebrew, Oscar Delp, and a plethora of other highly ranked players.
I believe that four star Cyclone prospect Greg Gaines is one of the receivers on Team Tampa. In any case, he certainly seems to think highly of Rocco.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
“Moving to Premium”? ROTFLMAO!
Don’t take that personally, cyclone4L. It’s just a recognition of the irony.

CF made it’s chops when Cyclone Report moved their forum behind the paywall. Now all the cool stuff here is doing that.

It’s okay. I can probably whip up something to replace your contribution here on the free board. It won’t be as bright or shiny or well informed, but it’ll be something.

Help Support Us

Become a patron