Bernie Madoff Dead

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I only wish he could have died a more severe death. Like getting attacked by Sharks or Hillary Clinton or something. Natural causes was way to easy for him.

Reactions: State2015

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
A true pioneer in the world of ponzi schemes, I've learned so much from his expertise. Flags should be set to half staff.

sarcasm

• Funny
Reactions: matclone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I only wish he could have died a more severe death. Like getting attacked by Sharks or Hillary Clinton or something. Natural causes was way to easy for him.

If I also recall, he was in a pretty nice prison too that allowed him more freedom than most.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Why?

Not defending him, he was a crook who got away with it for far too long. But why do you think he deserves such pain and suffering?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Why?

Not defending him, he was a crook who got away with it for far too long. But why do you think he deserves such pain and suffering?

Because there are 80 year old men and women having to work right now because he stole all of their money. People who were retired and worked 50 years so this man could steal their money and live the high life. I always like when people like that die in a miserable painful death. That's just me

Reactions: Acylum

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
He screwed a lot of people and places over. His family wasn’t in poverty afterwards. He deserved worse than what he got.

Totally agree. He lived a great high end life, had everything he wanted X5. People trusted him to provide to the same to themselves. The people who trusted him lost so much and are no longer able to live the lives they thought they would. Anything that had Bernies name on it, should have been confiscated and sold to pay back the victims, even jointly owned stuff. After all, everything the family had, came from the ponzi scheme.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
tenor.gif

Reactions: Entropy and Acylum

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Because there are 80 year old men and women having to work right now because he stole all of their money. People who were retired and worked 50 years so this man could steal their money and live the high life. I always like when people like that die in a miserable painful death. That's just me

That's fair. I guess I don't see being eaten by sharks or otherwise tortured to death as reasonable punishment for theft. Even if it is grand grand grand GRAND larceny.

FWIW, I googled this a bit, and DOJ says ~80% of the invested money has been recovered (like $18B). The real "theft" was the $65B in gains people thought they had but which were not actually there. So you invested $500k, thought you had $2M in the bank, but then suddenly you had $0, and eventually you get $400k back. Plus you paid taxes on the "gains" over the years, and the gvmt isn't giving that back.

• Informative
Reactions: dosry5 and SCNCY

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I don't wish painful death on anyone. I do wish, however, that he had to spend his days from conviction to death working manual labor to pay back the people he screwed over. Just pay him $20 an hour on a road construction crew swinging a sledge hammer and have that go to his victims. I'd be happy for my tax dollars to go to those wages.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
That's fair. I guess I don't see being eaten by sharks or otherwise tortured to death as reasonable punishment for theft. Even if it is grand grand grand GRAND larceny.

FWIW, I googled this a bit, and DOJ says ~80% of the invested money has been recovered (like $18B). The real "theft" was the $65B in gains people thought they had but which were not actually there. So you invested $500k, thought you had $2M in the bank, but then suddenly you had $0, and eventually you get $400k back. Plus you paid taxes on the "gains" over the years, and the gvmt isn't giving that back.

Unless I am mistaken, you would only pay taxes on the gains when you sold. So if you sold under his fund and made a profit, you technically walked away with more money than when you started. It's just that the money came from other investors.

Reactions: 2122

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

That means he still kept close to 4B dollars or spent that.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Given a choice, there are probably some that would prefer being murdered.