Big 12 "Hate" meter

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
OU would top my list - I hate the team that wins the Big XII virtually every year, and is heavily favored again. It's getting boring, and is kinda bad for the conference. I hope someone else steps up.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I think this is just a list of top teams in the conference (with exception of Colorado). I'm sure if you polled all the teams in the North, they would pick Nebraska number 1. Maybe not Mizzou and KU, but everyone else for sure.

RocktheDome

Mar 3, 2008
Cedar Falls
Do people really hate Colorado that much? For some reason I always see them as the quiet team out west that you never hear from much. I mean we all know Boulder is full of hippies, but that is part of its charm, haha.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Do people really hate Colorado that much? For some reason I always see them as the quiet team out west that you never hear from much. I mean we all know Boulder is full of hippies, but that is part of its charm, haha.
Cartman addressed the hippies issue. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxIqJTqEaV4"]YouTube - Eric Cartman Introduces Colorado's Starting Defense[/ame]

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
1 - NU
2 - OU
3 - UT
4 - T A&M

The rest - I have no feelings one way or the other.

I always root for the B12 team when playing on OOC opponent. How about you guys? I've often wondered since so many on this site despise NU, who would you root for if they played Iowa?

you just summed up why no one shows up to see ISU play mizzou, baylor, etc.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

yes, colorado fans suck...but they got the reason wrong. who cares if they are green or granola? the fact is they are a-holes. ask nebraska fans.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

First of all, hippies are not charming. Second, everyyard got it right, Colorado fans are just a-holes.

RolandRockets

Oct 20, 2007
Polk County
I really don't like Oklahoma and hearing that racket called the Boomer Sooner song. It belongs on the Story City Carousel.

And then I don't like Kansas. They remind me of the Hawkeyes, only in Kansas. Well their fans anyway. At least the Jayhawks players win things.

And then Texas, just because they get big state fawning and they seem to have too much control of the Big 12.

And then Nebraska, just because they are not as good as they think they are. And their state makes Iowa look like a cultural haven. Yeah, they had a lot of good football teams. So that is easy to be a fan. But you still live in Nebraska.

Then Baylor. Why are you in the Big 12? You have nothing in common with the other 11. Can't we get Colorado State to replace you? You are the weird guy that comes and sits at the cool guy lunch table. Just go away. I don't really hate you, I just don't want to be seen with you.

Then Colorado and Missouri annoy me occasionally, but I have no large animosity there.

And I am neutral to aTm and Texas Tech, except when they play the Clones.

I feel a quasi-kinship with OSU and KSU based on school mission and similarities and Big 8 heritage. Though there are reasons to be jealous or POed at them (wealthy donors, scheduling), all things considered, if it ain't the Clones, I would want one of them to win the conference.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Actually, I was unaware that Colorado even HAD fans. Where the heck are they when CU plays football? They sure as heck aren't in the stands. (cricket, cricket....)

I've been to OU twice, and both times came away feeling really positive about their fans. Especially the ones with flaming red hair, charming southern accents and freckles.

But I digress....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron