Big 12 Tourney Help Needed for myself

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Need suggestions fellow CF's

Im taking time off work to just go down, show up and hope to scalp tickets and if we win to stay hopefully and continue to do the same until we are done playing. Any suggestions on how to go bout all this considering im sure hotels are sold out etc or will i have to drive all the way back and forth to Des Moines? Id like to be drinking some adult beverages while down there so id rather not have to drive all the way back but also dont want to have a hotel 30 min away from where the games are played. Any help with what to do would be appreciated. Thanks!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
As someone who has scalped and bought tickets through the ticket office, I'd avoid scalping at all possible. There are still a very limited amount of all session tickets for $200 each through the sprint center at this link Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship tickets in Kansas City at Sprint Center on Wed, Mar 12, 2014 - 6:00PM They aren't the best seats but then you don't have to over pay scalpers and risk getting fake tickets. As for hotels it looks like the Sheraton has rooms for $172/night and the Westin has rooms for $233/night. Both are official Big 12 Tournament hotels and have free shuttles to the Sprint Center and Power and Lights district. Hope this helps and you make the trip! It's a great time and I hope to be able to go next year! :cool:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I can't help on hotels, but I have always had great luck scalping tickets and have never had an issue with fake tickets. I have always sat in lower level - ticket prices will be driven by who are the other teams in the session. Unfotunately, this year it looks like KU, K-State and ISU are in the same session which will mean tickets could easily be double face. You won't have a problem finding scalpers as they are all over- at hotels and in experience area outside arena. With scalpers shop around. Some are pros and some are fans looking to sell extra tickets.

That said if I only scalp tickets for the 3 sessions in which ISU is playing, I will probably pay less than an all session and will be in lower level.

The power and light district right across from the Sprint center is a great place to drink and watch hoops, especially if it is warm.

Last edited:

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
As someone who lives in KC you could also consider getting a hotel further away from Sprint Center. They are generally cheaper and the southern area is also typically a little bit nicer (not sure about northern area it may be nice too). The drive from I435 on the South side is still only about 20 minutes so not bad.

Also f you park under power and light district and say you are going to "the flying saucer" it's $2 to park all night. If you say you are going to the games they might charge you more.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Unfotunately, this year it looks like KU, K-State and ISU are in the same session which will mean tickets could easily be double face.

If it is anything like last year, tickets for that session will be well over double face. Maybe 4x or 5x for cheap seats.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron