FOX
FS1
FS2
B1G Network
TBS
TNT
TruTV
ESPN+

This thing is $50/month at the absolute minimum. Better off sticking with a YTTV.
It will start out at $35 for unlimited screens. Within two years it will be $60 with a harsh crackdown on sharing.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Why do you say that?
I might be freaking out for no reason but, ESPN and Fox own the SEC and Big Ten respectively right? If they are bundling I gotta think they have something larger planned in the future, a full on merger. What do we all think (or maybe just me idk) the Big Ten and SEC are planning? A "super league" of 34 teams with their own playoff and championship i.e. kick out the rest of us. If Fox and ESPN are on the same team what else do they need for that to happen?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Per ESPNs release:

Included Networks:

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPNews
SEC Network
ACC Network
ABC
FOX
FS1
FS2
B1G Network
TBS
TNT
TruTV
ESPN+

This thing is $50/month at the absolute minimum. Better off sticking with a YTTV.
Damn, so like every college sports channel other than CBS

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I might be freaking out for no reason but, ESPN and Fox own the SEC and Big Ten respectively right? If they are bundling I gotta think they have something larger planned in the future, a full on merger. What do we all think (or maybe just me idk) the Big Ten and SEC are planning? A "super league" of 34 teams with their own playoff and championship i.e. kick out the rest of us. If Fox and ESPN are on the same team what else do they need for that to happen?

Wouldn’t change much. This is no different than a new streaming provider that doesn’t package the filler channels in with the sports. If these companies want to have college sports fans from conferences other than the P2, they’ll need to include them. If they don’t, then they’ll have to live with the results. It’s no different than today.

I think as we move to this pay for sports specifically model, it’ll end up helping the Big12. The Big10 has relied on using their population centers and cable subscribers in those cities to justify their high payout. Once we go to a pay for sports model, the interest of those fans will be important as well. And if the Big12 can deliver actual consumers, they’ll be more valuable in this new model than just being in pro sports cities.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I really dont think that is a bad idea. I would love to have the bullies exit the neighborhood. That's just me. Let them play with themselves.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I don’t view this as a merger. They will all still have independent contracts with the leagues of their choice it’s all just going to be bundled together for the viewer. Fox will still own Big 10 and some of the Big 12. ESPN will still own SEC and some of the Big 12 and so on and so on.

I use YTTV and this just seems like another “version” minus CBS and NBC and non sport channels. Actually, I’d be pissed if I was a Big 10 fan because there’s no guarantee that all of your games would be covered under this product.

Reactions: HouClone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I really dont think that is a bad idea. I would love to have the bullies exit the neighborhood. That's just me. Let them play with themselves.

This seems ripe for collusion.

The devil will be in the details, but if one app has everything then why does the network matter at all?

Will they divide up the fees by minutes viewed? Individual subscribers?

Do ESPN and Fox compete when the viewers are funneled to the same place?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Literally laughed out loud when I saw truTV on that list, which has been a punchline for years as the network people only knew existed when the NCAA tournament rolls around each year and they have to find it to watch their games. But it looks like they carry some other sports now.

So this looks like just about everything a sports fan could want, except for CBS? Which would include about 40% of NFL games.

I'll be interested to see what Verizon does with this. They've offered a lot of streaming bundles with discounts in recent years.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
From The Athletic:

"For the consumer, you won’t need this venture-to-be-named later and, my initial bet is most of you will go with that option. The service will be owned equally by the three sides, but each partner will receive the same fee as they earn from cable or YouTubeTV, according to sources with knowledge of the agreement. Just ESPN, the singular network, receives around $12 per month from cable subscribers.

So what does that mean for you? The estimated price for the new venture when you add ESPN, Fox and WBD Sports together likely will be around $50 per month. There probably are some sports fans who would like to save a little money with this arrangement, but it is hard to believe there are a lot.

You already can watch nearly everything that this trio offers through places like YouTube TV for around $70 and change per month. If you want this option, it is already available, with even more channels to boot."

If this is the case, I don't see why anyone wouldn't just opt for YouTube TV.