Bo Williams

DrewCo

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2008
Quad Cities
The hype surrounding Bo has really died down from the winter to the spring. I was just wondering if he has lost the starting job. Will he be seeing more or less carries than Arob and Schwartz? The hype surrounding him has just really died, and I just hope he doesnt sit on the bench all year.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
how could he lose the starting job he never had? He is coming off of sitting out a year...guessing he needs some time to get going again and establish himself with the coaches. If he's that good, he'll be fine.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The hype surrounding Bo has really died down from the winter to the spring. I was just wondering if he has lost the starting job. Will he be seeing more or less carries than Arob and Schwartz? The hype surrounding him has just really died, and I just hope he doesnt sit on the bench all year.

I don't think that it was ever said that he would have the starting job. Now, people on here probably made that comment, but that's it. That said, I think that he really has his work cut out for him if he's going to pass ARob on the depth chart.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I lost my million dollar lottery ticket.

DrewCo

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2008
Quad Cities
how could he lose the starting job he never had? He is coming off of sitting out a year...guessing he needs some time to get going again and establish himself with the coaches. If he's that good, he'll be fine.

I worded that wrong.

DrewCo

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2008
Quad Cities
Bo left Florida for a reason, but he could still be really good here.

I really hope so. He had 4 stars out of high school (Not that stars mean anything) which means he was better coming out of highschool.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We have plenty of talent at RB, and if Bo is that good, he will play. As usual, we had plenty of people here annointing him the next Heisman winner. Rule: when an athlete sits out a year at ISU and becomes extremely hyped, they do not come close to hyper's expectations. See: Lucca Staiger.

I think Bo is a good player, and will see some quality minutes. Don't think he'll beat out A-Rob for the starting spot right away.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
ARob has yet to make it through a whole season intact. The last two years, he got hurt early and didn't get back to full strength until the last few games. Schwartz is a bull, but I don't know that he fits into the offense all that well as an every down back. Assuming that they want to redshirt the freshmen, IMO Bo is going to get plenty of carries eventually.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Maybe the hype about Bo Williams has died down because anyone who as actually seen him run has been blinded by his speed or killed by his powerful stiff arm. :wink:

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
From what I've read, it seems like the staff is really high on Williams running ability, but his pass blocking needs a lot of work. I'm confident we'll see him on the field at some point.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Watch the running back drills on Cyclones.com and you'll realize why Bo has yet to be our starter...or even our second stringer. He cannot pass block worth anything. A-Rob, despite being much smaller, is a better pass blocker.

Fortunately pass blocking can be taught and he has 3 years to get significant playing time.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think we'll see Saturday what kind of shape our RB situation is in. Last year's spring game he was definately the best back on the field but ARob looked better in the fall than he did in the spring so I guess we'll wait and see.