Bracketology 2024

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Still can't justify Arizona being above us in my mind.

Not a single Q1 game since February 10th, only 4 since January 1st. Yes, their non-con was tough, but that doesn't erase the fact that their entire conference season was mediocre competition.
If we have 2 wins over Houston, that could be the difference. I don't think a one seed is out of the equation yet.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
And I’d ask which tells you more about a team, who they are in December or who they are in March?
Me as a fan would take the team in March. But the committee doesn't do that, there is no more eye test or last ten games. Games in November weigh the same as games in March. Teams can control who they play the first two months, not the last three.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Me as a fan would take the team in March. But the committee doesn't do that, there is no more eye test or last ten games. Games in November weigh the same as games in March. Teams can control who they play the first two months, not the last three.
Whether they can control who they play in conference, a weak conference resume makes your resume weaker. Weighing them equally gives artificial advantage to teams with more key players returning.

• Agree
Reactions: mctallerton

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Still can't justify Arizona being above us in my mind.

Not a single Q1 game since February 10th, only 4 since January 1st. Yes, their non-con was tough, but that doesn't erase the fact that their entire conference season was mediocre competition.
Really doesn't matter. Geographically they are going to get the west. If they are a 1, 2 or 3.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Whether they can control who they play in conference, a weak conference resume makes your resume weaker. Weighing them equally gives artificial advantage to teams with more key players returning.
I don't disagree, but it isn't us making the determination, we can argue to tweaks to the system all we want but the committee has shown deference to a tougher non-con over a though conference schedule.

Last night was seen by just about everybody as a play in game to the last 2 seed. We won, we get that seed, but even combined with a win today is probably not enough to jump Arizona or Tennessee unfortunately. I would just say it's probably a less than 5% chance we aren't put into the East regional

Reactions: Cyclonepride

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Really doesn't matter. Geographically they are going to get the west. If they are a 1, 2 or 3.
I agree. We get bogged down in details like that looking for slights. It was the same way when people were mad that KU was mocked as 2 and us a 3 a couple weeks ago.

None of that matters. What matters is where and who we are playing

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
I'm trying to find out what time the Hawkeyes play today. Anybody know? Also can anybody direct me to where the the Hawkeyes are on any of the bracketology brackets that are out there?

.....Oh. Wait. Never mind.

Reactions: Acer88 and rosshm16

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
What's your .0000001% that would keep us out of Omaha. I ask because I can't see a scenario.
Jerome Tang busts into the committee meeting room showing off his floor mopping while regaling the members with conspiracy theories of hidden cameras and inefficient towel boys. Committee members pass out due to boredom and as their heads hit their keyboards they accidentally place us in Spokane.