A and M

Record:
Must wins: 3
Decent chance 2-2 split
Tough wins: 1
Record 6-6

CyIke

Nov 11, 2007
I think Ketelmeister is right on track. I think we need to win, and will win the SDSU, Kent State, and Baylor games. I also feel UNLV fits into the probably win category. Then, winning 2 of the maybe games (Iowa/Kansas State/Nebraska) gives us 6 wins. My prediction is that we are going to upset someone and win at least one of the tough games A&M??), which would put us at 7 wins. My heart tells me we're going to come to the November 15th game vs Mizzou trailing them by 1 game in the standings,,,, and yes; we pull the upset and win the North. Okay, I'm dreaming, but isn't that what discussing footbal in July is all about?

Go Clones. 8-4 and playing the Sooners for the right to go to a BCS Bowl

Reactions: ketelmeister

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I kinda look at our season like this.....

We need to go 4-1 against SDSU, Kent St, Iowa, UNLV, and Baylor.

Then hopefully we can go 2-3 against KSU, Nebraska, OSU, CU, and A&M.

And most likely 0-2 against KU and Missouri.

That would also get us to 6-6... which I think would be a great year... doubling our wins from a year ago.

Obviously I believe we can do better than that. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we went 5-0 in that first section I listed, and 3-2 in the middle section. Now that would be awesome!

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I kinda look at our season like this.....

We need to go 4-1 against SDSU, Kent St, Iowa, UNLV, and Baylor.

Then hopefully we can go 2-3 against KSU, Nebraska, OSU, CU, and A&M.

And most likely 0-2 against KU and Missouri.

That would also get us to 6-6... which I think would be a great year... doubling our wins from a year ago.

Obviously I believe we can do better than that. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we went 5-0 in that first section I listed, and 3-2 in the middle section. Now that would be awesome!

looks a little tougher when you put it together like this

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Must wins
South Dakota State
Kent State
Baylor
Decent Chance:
Iowa
Kansas State
Nebraska
UNLV
Tough Wins
Mizzou
O State
KU
CU
A and M

Record:
Must wins: 3
Decent chance 2-2 split
Tough wins: 1
Record 6-6

Very good posts. If the team comes together we "might be able to steal 2 of those tough games because KU, Mizzou and A&M are all at home.

What kind of is weird about your decent chance aka 50/50 games is Nebraska is average and in Ames, UNLV is not very good, but a trap game in a naughty city and Iowa and K-state are average but on the road. I could see us going 4-0, 2-2 or 0-4. This season is really unpredictable.

I have said all along 6-7 wins and with 3 non conf wins and then some how pick off 3-4 conference games.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I really think this team has the ability to grab that extra win, but inexperience at an important position (either qb or k) will likely cost us a game we "shoulda" won.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I would be surprised if we win at UNLV or Iowa.

Once we get some horses on D... especially the line.... we will do much better.

4-8.... which is better than last year :)

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
6-6, great potential for 7-5.

SDSU, Kent State, UNLV all wins. If we lose any of these games I might cry. 3-0.

Baylor, Iowa, Kansas St., Nebraska good shots. Probably 2-2, but decent shot at 3-1 if we really are worth a hoot.

OSU, CU, A&M slight chance. I think we'll go 1-2 here.

MU and KU long shots. I don't think we'll beat either, but much is unknown. 0-2.

So 6-6, but if we get some momentum going early, look out. Then we'd have a good shot at 7-5. We really won't be able to tell much until we are done with our first four games. If we can't beat up (win by 2+ TD'S) on SDSU, Kent State, or UNLV... then 6-6 might be our ceiling. If we can beat them soundly and steal one at Iowa, we'll have great shot at getting to 7 wins for the season. It's really a crapshoot at this point, but it is always fun to speculate.

cyfanman

Feb 7, 2008
SW Iowa, Glenwood
S D State - Win
Kent State - Win
Iowa - Win
UNLV - Win
Kansas - Loss
Baylor - Win
Nebraska - Win
A&M - Win
OSU - Win
Colorado - Loss
Missouri - Loss
KSU - Win
Just My Thoughts:yes:

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
S D State - Win
Kent State - Win
Iowa - Win
UNLV - Win
Kansas - Loss
Baylor - Win
Nebraska - Win
A&M - Win
OSU - Win
Colorado - Loss
Missouri - Loss
KSU - Win
Just My Thoughts:yes:
This brings me to why I think people should not post after becoming heavily intoxicated. Do I think we have the potential to win this many games? Yes. Will we? No. I see 5 maybe 6 wins. ISU always seems to Bill Buckner at least a couple games away each season. I really hope Chizik will change that mindset, but it is the norm.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
This brings me to why I think people should not post after becoming heavily intoxicated. Do I think we have the potential to win this many games? Yes. Will we? No. I see 5 maybe 6 wins. ISU always seems to Bill Buckner at least a couple games away each season. I really hope Chizik will change that mindset, but it is the norm.

I think Chizik has already started to change that mindset. 2007 was the first year in a long time when I felt the team got tougher and played significantly better ball at the end of the season. And this team had the opportunity to collapse after the Texas game - and it didn't. It stood up. That speaks volumes to me and will bode well for the future..

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Do I think we have the potential to win this many games? Yes. Will we? No.

That's where I'm at right now. I have a good friend that says, "Well, you know that there's a reason that they play all of the games - any game can be won or lost." And he's a NU alumni. IMHO, I see four should wins (SDSU, Kent St., UNLV, Baylor), a couple slim chance (KU, Mizzou), and six toss ups. OU and Mizzou last year are good examples of the anything can happen (while we lost both, the outcome of both hangs on a turnover, again, just my opinion.)

In any event - CAN IT BE FOOTBALL TIME NOW???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron