Breece Hall for Heisman

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I think Breece will have a lot of trouble beating out Etienne and Najee Harris for any awards. Both play for the two highest ranked teams in the country and both are putting up as good of (if not better) stats than Breece. Harris has 10 touchdowns in 3 games....

Also worth noting is how involved Etienne has been in the passing game compared to Breece.

Etienne is a freak. The thought of even trying to argue Breece over him makes me cringe.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

That's a dang good performance by Najee, the number 1 player in the 2017 class.

I love Breece, he's one of the best to put on a cyclone uniform. However, I'm not dumb enough to believe that an Iowa State player will beat out the number 1 player from the 2017 class (Harris) and the number 1 player from the 2018 class (Lawrence) unless he convinces the voters to go against the bluebloods. I really matters what team you are on, unless you have an UNDENIABLE season like Lamar Jackson

Honestly that's some terrible tackling and pursuit by Ole Miss. He's a great player but Ole Miss is terrible on D.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Great athletes will cause what appears to be terrible tackling.
lol, I'm not an untrained eye. Their players weren't even pursuing past the pile up. He made some guys miss no doubt but he got a ton of yards just from lack of effort on the backside.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Great athletes will cause what appears to be terrible tackling.
Ole Miss has a ******* awful defense though. Jared pulled out this stat on the FART podcast and I’m stealing it: Alabama had 723 yards of offense. Based off of the starting position of all of their drives the maximum yards that Alabama could’ve gained was something like 770 yards. They limited Alabama to 93% of maximum yardage. If that’s not piss poor defense I don’t know what is.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Ole Miss has a ******* awful defense though. Jared pulled out this stat on the FART podcast and I’m stealing it: Alabama had 723 yards of offense. Based off of the starting position of all of their drives the maximum yards that Alabama could’ve gained was something like 770 yards. They limited Alabama to 93% of maximum yardage. If that’s not piss poor defense I don’t know what is.
If a game between two P5 schools results in a team getting over 700 yards it has to be terrible defense and great offense at the same time.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Breece deserves the recognition. And it doesn't matter right now who is better or who is having the better season. Heisman's aren't handed out in October.

Breece just needs to keep plowing away. Having a finalist would do wonders for this program right now. Much more so than when Troy was

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Breece deserves the recognition. And it doesn't matter right now who is better or who is having the better season. Heisman's aren't handed out in October.

Breece just needs to keep plowing away. Having a finalist would do wonders for this program right now. Much more so than when Troy was
Exactly, getting an invite would be awesome for Breece and ISU. It’s tough this year wIth two other RBs high on the list.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

We are less than half way through the season, a lot can happen. Breece is doing a great job for ISU, and at this point that is all I care about. If he puts together several 200+ yard games, than we can revisit the Heisman talk.

Reactions: IcSyUclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It seems to me that it would take a lot for Lawrence not to win.

I’m just happy with Breece getting some national recognition. And he’s only a sophomore, time aplenty to build on that.

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A couple of fun stats here..

Last year Breece played in 12 games, had 186 attempts for 897 yards, averaged 4.8 ypc and had 9 TD's.

This year Breece has played in 4 games, has had 93 attempts for 531 yards, averages 5.7 ypc and had 8 TD's.

I know that Breece truly started playing in the middle of the year and he didn't truly play in 12 games, but Breece this year already has exactly half the attempts he did last year, over half the rushing yards he had last year, is averaging a whole ypc more, and needs 1 more TD to tie his total.

Say he keeps up the exact same pace for the next 6 games, which is 132 ypg and 2 TD a game. He'd end the year with 1,323 yards and 20 TD's.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I know that Breece truly started playing in the middle of the year and he didn't truly play in 12 games, but Breece this year already has exactly half the attempts he did last year, over half the rushing yards he had last year, is averaging a whole ypc more, and needs 1 more TD to tie his total.

Say he keeps up the exact same pace for the next 6 games, which is 132 ypg and 2 TD a game. He'd end the year with 1,323 yards and 20 TD's.

His last 12 games (i.e., 1 full season):

1,344 rushing yards; 5.15 ypc; 112.0 ypg; 17 rush TD
294 receiving yards; 1 rec TD

That's a pretty good "season" by any measure.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The Audible with Stew and Bruce.
It’s really well done.

I listen to every episode, but man, they couldn't find two guys with less energy and enthusiasm. They know college football, but I literally listen to it as I go to bed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
His last 12 games (i.e., 1 full season):

1,344 rushing yards; 5.15 ypc; 112.0 ypg; 17 rush TD
294 receiving yards; 1 rec TD

That's a pretty good "season" by any measure.
For sure. And FWIW, the last RB to actually be on a Heisman ballot was Bryce Love in 2017, who had 263 att, 2118 yds, 8.1 ypc, and 19 TD's.

• Informative
Reactions: TrumpetHero