Buying under the influence

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
My buddy accidentally ordered 5 of the same sandwiches from Jimmy John’s. Kept putting them in his cart in a drunken stooper and then paid with Apple Pay. He had lunch set for the next few days lol

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Was traveling once years ago with a friend in Québec who had had a little too much apéro. Because she was too buzzed to walk the short distance to the restaurant, we took a cab and she paid the cab driver the number of the radio station that was lit up instead of looking at the fare meter. Cab ride was well under $10. Radio read 1430 so she gave him $20 and told him to keep the change.
Fm could have been way worse -- 107.3 for example

Reactions: pourcyne

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Way too many rounds for everyone at the bar when I was younger. Half the people I didn’t know.

• Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I tend to be someone who over-researches a lot of the more expensive things I buy and get stuck in analysis paralysis not pulling the trigger.

So my drunk purchases tend to be me just saying '**** it, lets go with that'.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Not me, but my nephew.

A Pulp Fiction jean jacket signed by several of the cast members. It was some kind of on-line charity auction.

A buddy of mine knows one of the actors who was in it. He ended up getting another autograph on it through my buddy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Would not have regretted this decision at all.
Yeah, I used to like the occasional cigar but I was anything but a connoisseur, wouldn't have been able to tell much difference between a $5 and a $75 cigar. From what I remember it was a good smoke but someone who knew their stuff way more than me would've probably appreciated it more.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Rented a Jeep, we drive a Jeep at home, the line at the return for rental cars was long as a plane had just arrived. Key West Small Airport. We went out to the rental and had a few beers we picked up on the drive from Miami. The crowd thinned out. We went back in, I dropped my fob in the box as instructed. Taxied to the hotel had a few beers, realized I had the rental fob in my pocket not my fob, ubered to the airport. Car Rental was closed. Ubered back to hotel. Woke up ubered back to airport. Waited an hour and they found my key. Walked halfway back along the beach to hotel and called an uber to take us back to the hotel. Only cost about 90 bucks but sheesh for the need of a beer on vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: Tri

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
I tend to be someone who over-researches a lot of the more expensive things I buy and get stuck in analysis paralysis not pulling the trigger.

So my drunk purchases tend to be me just saying '**** it, lets go with that'.
So I'm not the only one who obsessively searches for real reviews of expensive things until you've read and watched enough reviews to make you have no idea if the thing you are buying is a piece of crap or the greatest thing ever. I feel better now.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So I'm not the only one who obsessively searches for real reviews of expensive things until you've read and watched enough reviews to make you have no idea if the thing you are buying is a piece of crap or the greatest thing ever. I feel better now.

The list of things I've gotten super invested in all the research on and then ultimately never pulled the trigger on buying anything is a long one. I can get fixated on the research process

But i can give some great advice when people end up looking for the same things

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I took a cab around the corner in Chicago because I was too drunk to know where I was. I just showed the dude my room key and said “take me here”. He drove about not even a block and dropped me off.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
When I was at the King and Union Bar connected to the DoubleTree Inn in downtown Memphis I bought some bootleg coffee infused bourbon from the bartender that worked there. Some other ISU fans at the bar were raving about it so I tried some and drunk me thought it was good, but I was really drunk. Still haven't opened the bottle to try it when I'm sober.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Bought a Kurt Warner autographed helmet off QVC right after they won the championship prior to first super bowl. One of 200. Very drunk. Put me on air, told my wife upstairs to turn it on. She had no idea. Actually went well.