CBS Top 100 players

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Wow, we will have the 7th best player in the country for likely the next 2 years.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
A few other interesting notes. Marcus Foster at 20 was sort of a surprising choice. They're are expecting a huge jump from Wayne Selden by putting him at 32. Also, LeBryan Nash is 81. That's just weird be because he was supposed to be a can't miss one-and-done and he's a senior now.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Wow, we will have the 7th best player in the country for likely the next 2 years.

I hope to have Niang for two years, but he's been blowing up lately and if the hype train continues (and he's great this year like most of us think) he might leave after this season. Would love to see him playing in the NBA.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
A few other interesting notes. Marcus Foster at 20 was sort of a surprising choice. They're are expecting a huge jump from Wayne Selden by putting him at 32. Also, LeBryan Nash is 81. That's just weird be because he was supposed to be a can't miss one-and-done and he's a senior now.

I was listening to KC radio at Big 12 media days his freshman year, and he bragged about how he would only play one year at OSU and would be a top 10 pick. Immediately disliked the kid. I like the kid now because he was smart enough to realize he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and will graduate with a degree. Got to respect a kid that went from being your typical teenager with an attitude that matured quickly and will have a great chance to succeed outside of basketball.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
59. AARON WHITE (IOWA)
Huge Aaron White fan. I think he's the second-toughest matchup in the Big Ten to Kaminsky. Is a threat to pwn defenders with a dribble-and-drop-step for a dunk from as far out as 18 feet. Senior averaged 12.8 points, 6.7 boards last season. -- MN

Notice the use of the word pwn? Someone needs to leave WoW at home next time he writes... also... the hype around White still is baffling.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I hope to have Niang for two years, but he's been blowing up lately and if the hype train continues (and he's great this year like most of us think) he might leave after this season. Would love to see him playing in the NBA.

No way he leaves. He won't be a highly rated NBA prospect. He will get overlooked strictly because of his limited athletic ability.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
I was listening to KC radio at Big 12 media days his freshman year, and he bragged about how he would only play one year at OSU and would be a top 10 pick. Immediately disliked the kid. I like the kid now because he was smart enough to realize he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and will graduate with a degree. Got to respect a kid that went from being your typical teenager with an attitude that matured quickly and will have a great chance to succeed outside of basketball.
As much as I hate the guy because he is really talented, I respect the heck out of him for actually sticking with it to improve AND get his degree. I'm sure other schools hated Ejim because he seemed to be here forever too. Getting your degree while being a talented athlete is something to be admired.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
I wouldn't be too sure of that, he's a very unique player and would be very well utilized in the NBA.
The only thing I see that could hold him back is a doubt that he can play against the elite (i.e. Dwight Howard, Serge Ibaka, etc.) level big men in the NBA. He is really undersized as a 4 and really needs to demonstrate he has the athletic ability to play stretch 4 or 3 at the NBA level. I think if he really dominates this year after dropping the weight he could be a late 1st to mid 2nd, but if he does it 2 years in a row i could see lottery pick for Georges

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
The only thing I see that could hold him back is a doubt that he can play against the elite (i.e. Dwight Howard, Serge Ibaka, etc.) level big men in the NBA. He is really undersized as a 4 and really needs to demonstrate he has the athletic ability to play stretch 4 or 3 at the NBA level. I think if he really dominates this year after dropping the weight he could be a late 1st to mid 2nd, but if he does it 2 years in a row i could see lottery pick for Georges

He might not be big, but he has shown to be able to move his feet better than almost everyone in the NCAA and outwits bigger opponents in almost all the games he plays. You can't teach the basketball intelligence that he has, and that is what will set him apart. That and the fact that he has shown that he can dominate games.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
White is the most overrated player in the country. Not saying he's bad, but he's not top 100. I think most reasonable hawk fans would agree.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
White is the most overrated player in the country. Not saying he's bad, but he's not top 100. I think most reasonable hawk fans would agree.

Pretty sure all of these analysts only watched the game vs. us last year. He was top 100 for that one night.

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for the link. We will have our hands full against Arkansas (#36 Bobby Portis and #93 Michael Qualls).

The matchup with Portis will be fun.

Surprised to see Qualls on there. Don't get me wrong, he is good, but Madden is easily the 2nd best player on the team. Qualls just made the list because he's always on Sports Center top 10.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha

Nash is majoring in "University Studies". No, there is no punchline, that's really the name of his major. Exactly what does this give him a great chance to succeed in besides janitorial work at a university? As for the "matured quickly"? "His daughter, Kenleigh, was born on Sept. 21, 2014. Not exactly great maturity for a guy on his way to a University Studies degree and a basketball career projection trending downward at a rapid rate to bring a child into the world.

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/lebryan_nash_778373.html

Not all college degrees are actually worth something in the professional world. Many are completely useless and guarantee nothing other than that you've wasted several years of school and will have to go back to school to get a useful degree.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
As much as I hate the guy because he is really talented, I respect the heck out of him for actually sticking with it to improve AND get his degree. I'm sure other schools hated Ejim because he seemed to be here forever too. Getting your degree while being a talented athlete is something to be admired.

Getting a useful degree while being a talented athlete is something to be admired. Getting a joke degree just shows you wasted your opportunity your amazing talent provided you to better your life.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron