CFB Week 1

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Anyone with any bets they like the next few days? Way too pumped for CFB to be back and to bet on these games. I had bet on Nebby and Hawaii last weekend so I'm off to a cold start... I'm on WV +7.5 tonight, partly because I believe they'll pull it together this year and partly because I would love the B12 to win this one on this stage. Also like Penn st -3.5 / Arkansas -6.5 against Cincy / OR St -2.5 against Boise.

Feel like the big games (Oregon/UGA and ND/OSU) have way too big of lines for me to want to bet, feel like those could go either way.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm going back and forth on the Backyard Brawl tonight. WVU didn't exactly end the year strong last year, but who knows what Pitt will be without Pickett and Addison. They return alot, but those are two big pieces. I think I'll go WVU +7.5 just because I figure it'll wind up close. I also like Penn State -3.5.

Probably staying away from the OSU game. I think they'll be good, but -21.5 is alot against a decent MAC opponent.

On Saturday I really like Illinois ML and Utah -3.

Sunday I love LSU -3.

Reactions: State2015

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm going back and forth on the Backyard Brawl tonight. WVU didn't exactly end the year strong last year, but who knows what Pitt will be without Pickett and Addison. They return alot, but those are two big pieces. I think I'll go WVU +7.5 just because I figure it'll wind up close. I also like Penn State -3.5.

Probably staying away from the OSU game. I think they'll be good, but -21.5 is alot against a decent MAC opponent.

Sunday I love LSU -3.

I took Pitt as I don't like the direction that WVU was headed last year. To me, week 1 is more about confidence in coaches as much as players leaving and adding.

That is also why I like OSU big tonight.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I took Pitt as I don't like the direction that WVU was headed last year. To me, week 1 is more about confidence in coaches as much as players leaving and adding.

I'm not so sure you aren't right about Pitt. Getting manhandled by Minny in the bowl game doesn't exactly give much cause for confidence.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I am concerned about WVU. Think they could actually finish dead last in the Big 12 this year. Yeah, behind Kansas.

That said, I don't know much about Pitt other than they return all their starters on the O-Line and the new QB is Kedon Slovis, who was a good but not great QB at USC the past few years. Strictly betting on tonights games like this:

6-point teaser
Pitt -1.5
Akron -12 vs St Francis PA
Oklahoma State v.s. Central Michigan to go Under 64 (The Cowboys offense is no longer the gunslinging spread 'em out style that is was in the 00's and early 10's. And while they have to replace some on defense, and have a new D coord., I think they'll be stout enough to prevent C Mich from scoring a ton.) Hoping for Okie to win something like 38-17

Reactions: State2015

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I am concerned about WVU. Think they could actually finish dead last in the Big 12 this year. Yeah, behind Kansas.

That said, I don't know much about Pitt other than they return all their starters on the O-Line and the new QB is Kedon Slovis, who was a good but not great QB at USC the past few years. Strictly betting on tonights games like this:

6-point teaser
Pitt -1.5
Akron -12 vs St Francis PA
Oklahoma State v.s. Central Michigan to go Under 64 (The Cowboys offense is no longer the gunslinging spread 'em out style that is was in the 00's and early 10's. And while they have to replace some on defense, and have a new D coord., I think they'll be stout enough to prevent C Mich from scoring a ton.) Hoping for Okie to win something like 38-17
I like Central Mich 1H +13.5. Agree Okie St doesn't have the offense, and they lose a lot on D. Could have a slow start

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Sunday I love LSU -3.

Well it was a weird night but I wound up 2/2 and saved myself the rage of betting OSU.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hot tip- Don't sell off a winning parlay for a loss.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Taking the under 44.5 on Iowa/SDSU. Feels like Iowa's D should contain SDSU and their offense will be extra vanilla today. Lots of runs between the tackles all day.