CFB Week 5 Opening Lines

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think we bring KU back to reality honestly. Our offense should be able to score on them and this will easily be the most complex defense the KU offense has seen so far. Yeah, I know how yesterday went for the defense, but I honestly think KU is still a paper tiger that will get humbled in conference. They will win some games in Big 12 play no doubt, but I think we actually get them at a good time.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I think we bring KU back to reality honestly. Our offense should be able to score on them and this will easily be the most complex defense the KU offense has seen so far. Yeah, I know how yesterday went for the defense, but I honestly think KU is still a paper tiger that will get humbled in conference. They will win some games in Big 12 play no doubt, but I think we actually get them at a good time.
Hope so. But Kansas has been dangerous even in recent years and their offensive scheme is really something now.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
How about UTSA -7 at MTSU? One of those games where MTSU is coming off a huge win (maybe the biggest in school history) and has to turn around and play a decent UTSA team.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Hard to bet against KU. I’m sure the Big 12 wants their Cinderella to remain in the media spotlight. We all saw what happened last week when they wanted Baylor to win. They just have to assign the right officials

• Dumb
  • Winner
Reactions: JD720 and HFCS

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Somehow Iowa always keeps these games close and gets a win against Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State. While I think Michigan has too good of defense and run game for that to happen, they always pull of crazy **** over there.

Considering their last meeting under a year ago was 42-3, Iowa is basically the same team if not worse, and sitting at #4 Harbaugh isn't gonna let up on any opponent, it seems pretty safe.

I'm guessing Iowa will settle for field goals where Michigan gets TDs.

You are right though, they find a way to make one of these big games close or win. I'd be more worried if the line hung around 13.5 though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

If we're allowed to tackle it'll be the best defense they've faced and a possible shock for them. KU has some nice wins but Duke was only 3-0 because they played nobody. Almost any FBS team would've been 3-0 with Duke's schedule.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Those are pretty much my exact thoughts.

KU's QB is very good, and they will hit some big plays. But they will lose their patience and make mistakes against our defense. And I see us playing ball control and wearing them down.

Reactions: jctisu

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The next couple days may want to check the weather forecast. With the incoming Hurricane a few states (Georgia, Carolinas, etc) in the time frame from Friday-Sunday may not get a Hurricane but could get some heavy rain. Might be some good bet the under opportunities there.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I read a post where somebody compared Kansas to a McCarney era bowl team that got wins against lower tier teams and then got exposed when they played teams with a pulse. I could be way off, but I think that might be accurate.

We might be giving Kansas too much credit for who they’ve beaten.

Duke was 3-0, but what’s Duke’s best win, Temple or at Northwestern?

Houston won a lot of games last year, but what’s their best win this year, UTSA in 3OT or Rice? By the way, UTSA’s only FBS win so far was against Army in OT, who might need to beat Navy at the end of the season to be bowl eligible. Look at their schedule and you’ll see what I mean.

At West Virginia was a nice win, but again, West Virginia’s best win was over a Virginia Tech team that lost to Old Dominion.

ISU probably doesn’t have a great win yet either, but I think if we lose to Kansas, it might be because we aren’t very good.

Again, I could be wrong, I’m going to guess that Iowa State still has considerably better talent than Kansas at most positions. Kansas is just outside the top 25 and they’re going to go into this game riding high. I think ISU goes in there and wins by a couple scores to bring them back down a bit. It’ll be a little nerve wracking at times but I think ISU takes the lead in the first half and never gives it up.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Somehow Iowa always keeps these games close and gets a win against Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State. While I think Michigan has too good of defense and run game for that to happen, they always pull of crazy **** over there.
Kinnick will be nuts as well. It’ll likely be too close for comfort.

Action Fanatics

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron