Cheap option for ISU vs SDSU

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I have friends that did they applebees pack and are selling the games other than NU.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was able to buy 2 tickets on ebay for a couple games last year during basketball for some friends.. never paid more than 1 buck a piece plus shipping.

H

HGPuck

I have always wondered why the ticket exchange on this site isn't used more. That way people could get around some of the fees charged by the ebays and subhubs of the world. Plus it is an easy way give away tickets if you just want them to get used. If organized well and used it could get more people in the stands and make it easier for people to get season tickets if they know they can easily get rid of a couple games they can't make.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have had really good luck with Ebay in the past for cheap tickets to non premium games for different teams, not just ISU.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I have always wondered why the ticket exchange on this site isn't used more. That way people could get around some of the fees charged by the ebays and subhubs of the world. Plus it is an easy way give away tickets if you just want them to get used. If organized well and used it could get more people in the stands and make it easier for people to get season tickets if they know they can easily get rid of a couple games they can't make.

I agree. I also am not a fan of paying someone $15 to ship the tickets when I can meet up with someone in Ames and they can give them to me...

H

HGPuck

As far as the ticket exchange part of the site, I know there are a lot of creative people on here that would have some good ideas and here are some I came up with quickly while thinking about it. (And I know Jeremy puts a lot of time and effort into the site so this is in no way a criticism, just a suggestion to make the site better)

1. Marketed - somehow put on the site in a way that it catches your eye more and is easier to find. (I think a lot of people don't know it exists or forget about it)
2. Easier to use - instead of just being another forum with threads, I think it should be set up so there is one thread for each Iowa State game with the date so you can go there to post tickets/parking passes you have for the specific game or if you are in need of something for it. Maybe even an easy form setup so you can list location, price, delivery possibility, how many, and a way to delete when they are all sold in and everyone's posts would be similar and easy to go through.
3. Rewards - some type of reward for giving away tickets/parking passes so they get used (probably credits or rep and maybe a way that you could ask for a donation to CF from the "buyer" to get the tickets instead of a price). I have nothing wrong with selling them but I know sometimes I will come upon some tickets or passes I can't use and would just like to see them used by some Cyclone fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think I may try to do the ticket hunt again this year for basketball. I think things like that can be fun.