Coach Prohm Gets Extension

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I really think 2 years ago Prohm should have gotten an older assistant coach with HC experience....let him take over the offense and schemes and let Prohm focus on bigger picture things like recruiting ect.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Idk how to feel about this. Not really a Prohm hater, but we have to see an improvement for this to be a good thing. We can’t continue to underachieve. I like him as a guy and everything, I’m just not totally sold on his coaching.

Wondered what I posted here when I saw this bumped. Seems like I was spot on

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm a Prohm guy all the way so excited for this. He's proven multiple times he's willing to put integrity and the student first even if it costs us games.

@Hoggins - you realize I wrote that post 2 years ago obviously hindsight has not been pretty to the program.

never understand why people dumb old posts.

• Funny
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
video_image-5NE6SPBQd.jpeg

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Pretty sad there were many on here that knew Prohm was a terrible coach years ago and they were ridiculed (“BYE HATERS!”) for it.
I went to the Hy-Vee Classic every year and the 18-19 season i decided to pay close attention to how the coaching staffs and players prepared.

This may sound trivial to some, but things like how the team sits together, how they enter the arena,how they conduct themselves in pre-game warm-ups, what the coaches are doing in pre-game all csn give you an idea of how well coached and disciplined a team is.

All I can say is that compared to Devries, Jacobsen, and even Fran, Prohm looked like he was running an AAU team. And that's not even counting all the x's and o's once the games actually start.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
It is nice reading through and seeing the hate I took for questioning this extension. Haha suck it 2 years later. You really didn’t have to be Nostradamus to see prohm is an awful X’s and O’s guy
Had many heated back-n-forth with folks here about that for years. Prohm's X-O's look good when he has NBA-type talent, or get in transition ball. But Force his team into a half-court set and you see the tactical strategy break down.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

UNIclonefan

May 1, 2018
It is nice reading through and seeing the hate I took for questioning this extension. Haha suck it 2 years later. You really didn’t have to be Nostradamus to see prohm is an awful X’s and O’s guy
I received many negative ratings for even suggesting that Prohm might not have a great tactical mind or that the was a bad motivator. I was ready to eat crow should he prove me wrong. In the end, he is who we thought he was. He's a mid major assistant coach at best. He can obtain talent, but many don't care to stick around long enough around him. Young is the only Prohm recruit I can think of that stuck with him for the full 4 years. There were a few NBA guys, but the majority transferred. I think that speaks to him as a coach. His "culture" or lack thereof stinks. Do we remember the fact that Steve took over a top 10 team?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
this is a funny thread

crazy how things can change

One minute you're chewin' on a burger and the next minute you're dead meat

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I about fell out of my ******* chair when I saw this thread title at the top of the page, so thanks for that brief moment of panic.

I'm glad to see my opinion then matches how I remember it. I was less than impressed with the results of the season compared to the talent we had, and wasn't a huge fan of adding years to the contract, which is obviously coming back to haunt us now.

I was hoping for the best, but as the saying goes, wish in one hand...

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
He is the coach for the defending BIG12 Tourney champs. Doesn't that count for something?
No, that team loses in the round of 64, to the team that lost in the round of 32, to the team that lost in the sweet 16, to the team that lost in the elite eight, to the team that lost in the final four.