Come On!

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
As a Cyclone fan forever I worry about EVERY SINGLE GAME we play. We play like we did against Houston we can beat anybody. We play like we did against Byu there and you know the answer. Stay healthy, 1 game at a time and get some refs that aren't whistle happy......

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CycloneCJ

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
This has been a dream season. I doubt anybody anticipated ISU would be a 2 seed back in November. After the ESPN Invitational, many of us had doubts this team would even make the NCAA tournament. The NCAA tournament is the best tournament anywhere, because anything can happen. And the field seems so wide open this year. So sit back, grab a few beers. and enjoy the games. I can't wait.

And when ISU eventually loses (let's face it, 67 of the 68 teams will lose), I will look back and smile at this season. We will still be talking about this year's Big 12 tournament 20 years from now.

Lastly, I see many people dreading thinking about facing certain teams. Look at it from their perspective though: the other teams are dreading facing ISU! We should not fear anyone; let them fear us. LET'S GO!!

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I never worry about looking that far ahead in a draw. Everyone is worried about Drake, and they'll probably lost to WSU. Everyone is worried about UConn and they might lose early anyway. Everyone is worried about BYU, who could lose first round.

Worry about one game at a time. No point in looking too far ahead since you don't know who we'll play anyway.

Having said that...Drake getting to play in Omaha as a 10 seed is wild. WSU has to be pissed. Like, it was assumed we had to beat Baylor and wrap up a top 3 seed to get put there, and Drake just limps into it? If we're a 10 seed we get sent to Greensborough, NC. Would the committee ever place Iowa State in Des Moines as a 10 seed playing a 7 seed from the Pac 12, or some other major conference? That's an absurd draw for Drake.
The committee LOVES story lines - I'm just surprised they didn't make Nebraska the 7-seed